Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tornado move truck 300 miles

Options
  • 06-05-2012 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

I'm monitoring a new repeater in Cork on the PMR frequencies.

A guy from the USA was telling how his buddy had lost his home, his farm and his pick up trck after a tornado passed through. A few weeks later they found his pick up truck, 3 hundred miles away. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:(:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Rigghhhtttt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

More likely to be three miles away at a stretch.. most debris tends to be <1 mile from source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Its must be true, no way a truck could move 300 miles without the power of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Maybe it was stolen prior to the twister?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

Was it lifted into a river (a long on at that!) or into the sea or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I believe it. A tornado relocated my house from Kansas to Minnesota. Slept through the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I believe it. A tornado relocated my house from Kansas to Minnesota. Slept through the whole thing.
    Your not in Kansas anymore Horseboxo?

Advertisement