Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend iphone?

• 06-05-2012 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Help...I've finally decided I need an iphone....:confused:
    I'm currently a vodafone top up customer, and the rep.said it's cheaper to buy a new i phone and keep the existing €20 month top up plan than going bill pay and getting a free i phone and being locked into an 18 month contract.
    I want to occasionally browse the web whilst on the go...that's about it. Any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Silvics wrote: »
    Help...I've finally decided I need an iphone....:confused:
    I'm currently a vodafone top up customer, and the rep.said it's cheaper to buy a new phone and keep the existing €20 month top up plan than going bill pay and getting a free phone and being locked into an 18 month contract.
    I want to occasionally browse the web whilst on the go...that's about it. Any suggestions? Thanks

Is your question wether or not you should get an iPhone or what mobile plan you should choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Silvics

jarvis wrote: »
    Is your question wether or not you should get an iPhone or what mobile plan you should choose?
    I want to get an iphone...........

I want to get an iphone...........

So you don't have any questions. You just want to inform people that you want an iPhone?
    Good for you.
    You said you've finally decided you need an iPhone. Have you struggled with this dilemma for long? Anyway that doesn't matter it's none of my business. I'm glad you've finally made your mind up and that you've told us all. I'll rest easy tonight.

I want a Ferrari. Think I'll tell people in the motoring forum.

So you don't have any questions. You just want to inform people that you want an iPhone?
    Good for you.
    You said you've finally decided you need an iPhone. Have you struggled with this dilemma for long? Anyway that doesn't matter it's none of my business. I'm glad you've finally made your mind up and that you've told us all. I'll rest easy tonight.

Jesus guy.... I have no idea what to get....something that allows me to access email/browse the web....have I missed something????Maybe I don't need an iphone...some other brand perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

At the present moment in time you'd be better off with something like a HTC One X (Or if you're a Samsung fan, a Galaxy S3 when it's released).

It's slightly cheaper and far more up to date than the 4S. Until the iPhone 5 is out, the iPhone 4S isn't a great buy.

• Advertisement

Good for you.

Jesus guy.... I have no idea what to get....something that allows me to access email/browse the web....have I missed something????Maybe I don't need an iphone...some other brand perhaps?

Ok, I'm clearer now on what your question is.
    I know the previous poster said wait for the iPhone 5 and try another phone but I think you wont find a better phone than the iPhone. Yes the 4s isn't a huge step up from the 4 but the 4 is an excellent phone. iOS is a million times better than android IMO.
    Buy a second hand iPhone that's factory unlocked and use it without contract so that if and when the iPhone 5 comes out you wint be in a contract. Adverts.ie is a great place to pick one up.
    Then stay with Vodafone or switch to 48months = €10 per month for all the calls and texts you could ever want. Buy a data addon each month and away you go.

Thank you both for the suggestions...much appreciated.

Advertisement