Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Germany

• 06-05-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,

Any experience with German dentists so far?

I see many medical tourism threads talking about Eastern Europe countries such as Hungary, Romania, Poland, but I don't think it's a good idea and I'm thinking Germany is a high standards country.

Thanks for your feedback,
    J

P.S. This is not a thread where you will post to convince me E Europe dentists are good, please.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

anywheres better than here,i remember not too far back i was quoted 2 k for my teeth,for fillings and one implant

dentists here are a rip off they see you coming:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

jrky wrote: »
    Any experience with German dentists so far?

Lived there about 20 years ago the dentists were excellent. Way ahead of our lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

F.R. wrote: »
    Lived there about 20 years ago the dentists were excellent. Way ahead of our lot.

I'm sure they are still at least 20 years ahead of us so....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

anywheres better than here,i remember not too far back i was quoted 2 k for my teeth,for fillings and one implant

dentists here are a rip off they see you coming:rolleyes:

Good price tbh if the quality is what it should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Mingetoad

German dentistry is usually of a high quality. Like most countries with high standards (US, Australia, Switzerland) Germany is targeted by neighbouring low cost economies. You will find the prices in Germany very similar to here, with many places higher, due to the larger amount of people prepared to pay for the best. As in any area with a larger population.
    I have one patient who comes to mind. He works for the EU in Germany and has a set amount of dental benefits. They are based on German prices. He never has to pay any supplement to my fees (for example he was approved for 4 crowns at up to €900 per crown, my fee was much lower than that).

• Advertisement

whats your fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Used a dentist when I was living in Munich, was just for getting my molars checked out and he recommended removal. The standards are very high as you would expect in Germany.

i would be very wary of a dentist that reccomends removal on the first go,i had a dentist say that to me,and when i went back to my local dentist he said i didnt need removal at all,some are moneygrabbers and will suggest work when there is none to be done

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Christmas, you are on thin ice.

This is a thread about German Dentists, so i presume you think all dentists across the world as money grabbers.

Like I said in your thread, the vast majority of dentists charge more for a filling so they'd hardly be money grabbers if they wanted to take your teeth out now would they.

If you're next post in this forum contains the same statement as this you will be taking 1 week off.

Now please back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

German dentistry is very mechanical, lots of precision attachments, milled crowns and the like. Its very easy for me as a dentist to spot German dentistry as it has a certain style. A lot of this is to do with the treatment planning due to insurance there.

Just like in Ireland I have seen generally good dental work. No gross over treatment, attention to fit and precision and good treatment planning. It costs around the same as here if you have no insurance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement