Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To brain dump or not to brain dump

Options
  • 06-05-2012 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Right I have done Cnna in college CIT broken up in the 2 years.

Since I have done this I was thinking of studying CBT nuggets & train signal ccna1&2 and take the Cnna 1 exam and the ccna2 exam

I thinking of brain dumping it.

I have done 3 course before network+ A+ and Server+ I didn't brain dump them but seen that the Cnna Is much harder then the Comptia exam.

How many people used brain dumps in the past

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Why bother at all? You dumpcheat through an exam that proves nothing to you (that funny old sense of self worth) but might get you in the door at a network shop....long enough to destroy your name in the industry when your lack of knowledge brands you an obvious dumpercheater.

It's pointless and self destructive for you and damages the reputation of the cert that folks actually work for.

Do it the right way, none of the ones you listed are that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its hilarious at interviews when you start asking basic questions. Plus the really good certs change so much that you will be throwing away your exam money since you won't know anything. Your better off learning the material for later certs as you need to know the basics now. The exams are the easy part at the end of the day.

I will admit one thing though. They are very useful in a past exam format, letting you get to know both the question layouts and as a knowledge check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Use them the same way you would use any other study aid. They can be useful to realise the exam format and question structure. Treat them as just another tool to help you out but as others have said, if you use them alone and don't have the knowledge or skill to back up your certs, you will be quickly found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I was looking at them for study Aid,

I have CBT NUggets ICND 1 & ICND 2 plus CBT Nuggets CCNA For the Real World Plus Train Signal CCNA.

have then very well with my Labs within the 2 years within CIT, I got a 94% for the Case Study where you must build a Network etc. etc.

The Labs i have no problem with but what lets me down in Exams is the Writing paper, i lack good hand writing...

Advertisement