Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam/Results Thread; Summer 2012

Options
  • 07-05-2012 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭

So I figured I'd get the ball rolling on this semester's thread. 2 exams again (Stats and Calculus 4). Kinda morbidly excited. How's everyone else set?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Irish Studies on the 11th, Music After 1945 on the 19th, Post-war to Postmodernism on the 23rd.

Sure tis grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Quantum Information Processing on the 12th, Statistical Mechanics on the 14th, Music Since 1945 on the 19th, and Chaos Theory on the 22nd.

Everything but Stat Mech should be grand, stat mech might be quite hard though. Be alright on the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Hell I've already had two, hopefully got firsts in them (hopefully... :P) Tomorrow's practical is a whole other story, seeing as I still amn't comfortable with my pieces. Then there's the theory and English exams next week! Should be a fun fortnight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

rcaz wrote: »
    Quantum Information Processing on the 12th, Statistical Mechanics on the 14th, Music Since 1945 on the 19th, and Chaos Theory on the 22nd.

Everything but Stat Mech should be grand, stat mech might be quite hard though. Be alright on the night!

haha lol smart lad quantum, statistical mechanics lol, I often get asked what do I do in college ? i reply by saying economics to make it sound tough lol, next time i'll say quantitative economics.

I have finanacial modelling on excel on thursday, its horrible ill be pleased with 76%. If I get 50 I'm lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

4 hours in MSC today trying to cover some of the Calculus 4 course

Mind-Blown.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

after I handed up my thesis I stopped going to lectures cus I felt like college was finished. now I know I REALLY REALLY should have gone to lectures...there is a lot of philospohy mush in psychology!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Xqzciara wrote: »
    after I handed up my thesis I stopped going to lectures cus I felt like college was finished. now I know I REALLY REALLY should have gone to lectures...there is a lot of philospohy mush in psychology!

I made that mistake while doing my thesis last year. I skipped lectures left right and centre in the lead up to the deadline. Only realised after it how much I'd missed out on. I completely stopped going to one of my modules. Managed to scrape out a pass but I really should have done better in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I went to every. single. lecture this year. Didn't even miss ONE.
    I still know nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Good luck everyone! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

12 hours in the reading room. Kill me now.

That place is like a SAUNA! Seriously, what are the chances of getting a bit of air con?!

• Advertisement

Best of luck everyone.

Stats at 9:30. For once, I feel like I'm fully prepared for an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Good luck DB. I'm in at 3.30 today. Hopefully it'll be a good day for exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Someone left their phone in the reading room when they went out, on loud.

This is their ringtone:

Got all the way to the 2nd verse before the person hung up :D

Stats done. Subject can now go die in hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Start at 3.30, just want it done now at this stage! Ahh!

I start at 3.30 as well. The rest of my class seem calm. I am freaking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

DB21 wrote: »
    Stats done. Subject can now go die in hole.

How was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I can't read these notes and do these practice questions for much longer, I'm dying to do a ****ing exam...

gra26 wrote: »
    How was it?

Vague. Hypothesis testing question was very strange, as was the general probability question. Rest was grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Vague. Hypothesis testing question was very strange, as was the general probability question. Rest was grand though.

you in second science?

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    you in second science?

Yup

I'm halfway there! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Just home from a bad and frustrating exam. Have to prepare for one tomorrow. Any advice on how to wind down enough to constructively study for the next thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Watch something funny, always find that helps! Laughing helps with destressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

gra26 wrote: »
    How was it?

Ah crap. Vague isn't great when it comes to that. Glad rest was ok though. Want to have a look at the paper now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

you in second science?

Yup

The hypothesis test question was nuts alright, think I should have enough to pass it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Watch something funny, always find that helps! Laughing helps with destressing.

Laughing was very helpful (Green Wing), much obliged!

EDIT: Also, totally hot invigilator in yesterday's exam. By far the best thing about yesterday. Wow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 265 ✭✭unclejunior

How so Joe wrote: »
    I went to every. single. lecture this year. Didn't even miss ONE.
    I still know nothing.

just goes to show how super important lectures are, doesn't it?

just goes to show how super important lectures are, doesn't it?

Well, I think my main problem is that I've not done most of the reading. And it is a masters. Lectures are designed to discuss the content of the reading. So it's really my own fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mastroph

The hypothesis test question was nuts alright, think I should have enough to pass it though.

The hypothesis test question was about proportions as opposed to values. I didn't do well with it either, because I hadn't revised the proportions part of hypothesis testing. Didn't think it was that outlandish though. It's not like we didn't cover it.

Advertisement