Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam/Results Thread; Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

dustfree wrote: »
    what's the story with the log in? it won't take my usual password, beginning to freak out now......

Yeah I'm having the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thx1182

banquo wrote: »
    EVERYTHING IS OK.

All results are online, just volume on the server is hampering them appearing for some people. This happens every year. Have a cuppa and try again.

(Source: me ringing and visiting every member of non-academic staff to see what the story was)

*Banquo

Do you by any miracle happen to know if postgrads have to contact their departments for individual module results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Thx1182 wrote: »
    Do you by any miracle happen to know if postgrads have to contact their departments for individual module results?

yes they do. The exams office don't put up results until the course is finished, and if you haven't handed in your thesis yet then your course isn't finished. Send your department secretary/course head/module lecturer an email and I'm sure they'll give you your results.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thx1182

yes they do. The exams office don't put up results until the course is finished, and if you haven't handed in your thesis yet then your course isn't finished. Send your department secretary/course head/module lecturer an email and I'm sure they'll give you your results.

Thats great, thank you, time to go make some calls cheers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

They have to upload the marks through Moodle as well, but asking your module co-ordinater is common practice as far as I can tell (for taught masters and h.dips). Though you should still be able to check your marks via Student Web Services too.

Edit: YourTextHere beat me to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭1c1a

DAMN law department "No results released" must be cos its a masters and thesis is due

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eusty5000

Got my results (v slow site but got there eventually) but I have a question.

I'm 1st yr law which is 4 modules & requires a minimum 50% grade in 1st year to progress into Yr2. I got:

Module 1 - 25% (panicked) - "Pass By Compensation"
    Module 2 - 57% - "Pass"
    Module 3 - 63% - "Pass"
    Module 4 - 67% - "Pass"

Overall grade for the subject - 530 marks out of 1000 - "2nd Class Honours Grade II"

I had always thought that I would have to repeat the failed module regardless of how the summer exams went but I think I'm in the clear now..?

Anyone know for sure if I'm repeating in August or not..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

You're in the clear..Pass by compensation is a pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Still having heart attacks. Have been unable to access my results so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Phew. 2.2 in English and Geography. Panic stations aborted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Stupid website- Let me in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

got in! :D failed two calculus modules!:(

Oh, it was working, it just takes ages to load!
    Thought it wasn't accepting my password!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

The Biology department posted provisional degree results a few weeks ago which I automatically took as meaning I had got my degree. I just checked the website there and according to them I failed two modules this semester and have given me a fail.

I'm so confused and upset right now.

2 passed 2 failed. Stats and Differential Calculus, I hate you so much right now :mad:

One of my module marks went down a bit from the provisional January mark :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

In the clear for another year thank feck!:)

Wait a second. I got 47 in Calculus 4 and 34 in Stats. Why couldn't they carry marks over for me to pass Stats by compensation???

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

Wahoo got results in! Quick question I passed a module by compensation but was very sick for the days prior the exam so wasn't prepared for it at all, so much so that i got 25% at xmas & then 68% in the continuing module in the summer, is it possible for me to repeat that module anyway as I'd like to get a higher result overall??

You can only repeat if you passed (i.e. to better your grade) in Final Year.

Just found out why there was no compensation. It's stupid :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

What's the craic with appealing? If you appeal do you graduate later like when you repeat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Thank God for compensation!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

rcaz wrote: »
    Because the internet.

I know you meant that as a legitimate reason but as a nonsensical meme type answer that I made it sound like in my head I found that hilarious.

question: why is the sky blue?

answer: becasue the internet.

Eusty5000 wrote: »
    Got my results (v slow site but got there eventually) but I have a question.

I'm 1st yr law which is 4 modules & requires a minimum 50% grade in 1st year to progress into Yr2. I got:

Module 1 - 25% (panicked) - "Pass By Compensation"
    Module 2 - 57% - "Pass"
    Module 3 - 63% - "Pass"
    Module 4 - 67% - "Pass"

Overall grade for the subject - 530 marks out of 1000 - "2nd Class Honours Grade II"

I had always thought that I would have to repeat the failed module regardless of how the summer exams went but I think I'm in the clear now..?

Anyone know for sure if I'm repeating in August or not..?

If you want to, you can repeat up to 15 credits in August to improve your mark. But as it stands you don't have to repeat anything.

What's the craic with appealing? If you appeal do you graduate later like when you repeat?

Likely no, you'd graduate as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

wonton wrote: »
    I know you meant that as a legitimate reason but as a nonsensical meme type answer that I made it sound like in my head I found that hilarious.

question: why is the sky blue?

answer: becasue the internet.

...Sorry? :pac:

iffy_2007 wrote: »
    Wahoo got results in! Quick question I passed a module by compensation but was very sick for the days prior the exam so wasn't prepared for it at all, so much so that i got 25% at xmas & then 68% in the continuing module in the summer, is it possible for me to repeat that module anyway as I'd like to get a higher result overall??

You can repeat to improve your marks in any year. Though only your final year counts towards your degree result, having good penultimate year marks really helps when looking at a masters or H. Dip. Contact the exams office for the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

banquo wrote: »
    iffy_2007 wrote: »

You can repeat to improve your marks in any year. Though only your final year counts towards your degree result, having good penultimate year marks really helps when looking at a masters or H. Dip. Contact the exams office for the form.
    You can only repeat to improve in final year or if you want to continue with a subject that you passed by compensation the you are allowed repeat or finally if you need a higher mark to get exemptions e.g. Accountancy etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Cheers Rob :)

Anyone got a link to the appeals procedure? I had a search around the nuim site but couldn't find anything other than who sits on the boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

Cheers Rob :)

Anyone got a link to the appeals procedure? I had a search around the nuim site but couldn't find anything other than who sits on the boards.
    Go to the exam web page It is under exam he exam results section I think !
    http://examinations.nuim.ie/results.shtml

Advertisement