Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ending it on your own terms

• 07-05-2012 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

I want to go out on my own terms so I decided that when I'm at a nice age and put everything in order that I'm going to kill myself. I'm not dead set on what way to do it just yet, excuse the pun, but I'll want to look as natural as I can. In order words I won't be destroying my body externally.

Now obviously this is a bit out there and I realise that, but I won't be the first person to do it by a long shot. So when I was telling this to a few friends last night they gave me the usual WTF stare and I explained to them exactly where I was coming from on the matter but they just couldn't get it at all.

People often say that people committing suicide is selfish. These are generally people who are depressed, but I think that's absolute rubbish anyway. But what I'll be doing obviously won't be out of depression or anything, it's to go out on my own terms. There's a family history of Dementia and I certainly don't want that or anything else. Seeing people in nursing homes makes me feel numb.

When I go about it I will ensure that everything is in order. If I have kids they will know everything. I will leave them money, not a debt to pay. I'll even arrange the funeral in advance and pay for everything. Everything will be fully resolved.

Some animals actually leave their habitat to go off and die so it's not actually that strange. What do others think though, mostly from an ethical stand point. Is it something other boardsies will do or have considered?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

You must be a hoot on a night out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Be sure to turn the light off before you leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What's a 'nice age'? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

*WTF stare*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'll go out the same way too. I'd hate to be old and in poor health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

I think it's a wee bit irresponsible to put a thread like this on an open forum to be honest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

kfallon wrote: »

Nobody wants to live to be 100...
    Except the guy who is 99 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

make us a cup of tea before you an hero. no sugar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jaysus!

Is there anything you won't start a thread on to get attention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Have 4 beers again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

16, but i'm not sure what that has got to do with anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You'll have gotten dementia by the time you're at a good age, just as well you have this thread to remind you of your plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

El Weirdo wrote: »
    *WTF stare*

it won't change anything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

In and around 80. Unless you know, **** happens. :P:D

You must be a hoot on a night out
    No no, last night. I save the good stuff for the night out, Ted Budy and discussion about enemas, you know, all that good stuff;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

16, but i'm not sure what that has got to do with anything

Read the first line of the OP :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I prefer your lighter material Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

It would have to be spectacular.

Lying on the beach like a dead whale and then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

In and around 80. Unless you know, **** happens. :P:D

That's more Euthanasia though, seriously?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Why wait, Teddy? You're with friends here.

Like the Nike ad says - 'just do it'

• Advertisement

I prefer your lighter material Ted.
    It's nice to think about death from time to time. I'm bloody fascinated by it to be honest! I just never want to be sick and going nuts and causing my family all sorts of problems. My granny used to think my family were planning to kill her with the dementia, really weird stuff.

Hmmm, actually just thought about something there and think a mod should lock this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

It's nice to think about death from time to time. I'm bloody fascinated by it to be honest! I just never want to be sick and going nuts and causing my family all sorts of problems. My granny used to think my family were planning to kill her with the dementia, really weird stuff.

Hmmm, actually just thought about something there and think a mod should lock this.
    Before it's locked Teddy, have you anything to help me sleep? Can't nod off for the life of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Some animals actually leave their habitat to go off and die so it's not actually that strange.
    I suppose you will be heading off for hibernation in October aswell??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Locked on OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement