Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying things your colleagues do

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Colleagues who just accept unreasonable changes to their terms of employment imposed by managers who know they have broken them. You make it impossible for the rest of us who have a little bit of our spine left

I hate this! Having worked in Ireland, US and UK, I find it shocking the liberties management in Ireland takes with their workers and even more shocking that the workers here will put up with it, even though the job is crappy and low paid to begin with. But the recession has made this even worse. I thought we're supposed to be the fighiting Irish ffs! I think it goes back to the Catholic school system, keep your head down and keep kissing arse and never question anyone with even a tiny bit of authority, who do ye think ye are!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

People who have no consideration for others on the phone, im often on the phone speaking with people tht have had relatives killed in car crashes and ive a bunch of women in close proxmity roaring laughing and yapping about diets and hair do's. When i put the caller on hold to ask these people to quiten down and explain why, they give me the dirty looks for a week after.

The people.....sorry,its the women again who do nothing but talk about there children ALL the time..... Has anyone else noticed that every single child born in the last couple years is "advanced for their age" All the parents where I work at make his claim, must be something in he canteen food tht is producing this advanced race of people.

The moaners, yer TL asked you to preform a duty? Shock horror, its only the very thing you get paid to do; go to it and f*ck off complaining to me about it. When your manager has to have a word with you about preformance, it usually means tht you are not preforming, take it on the chin and listen to the feedback. Stop complaining to me and insulting the TL, they really are not out to 'get you' they are just doing their job too.

The f*uckers who borrow my stapler or underwriting manuals and never give them back, or ask a question which they know the answer to, but ask anyway and give a dirty look when they don't get the answer they want. A special place in hell is reserved in hell for these people.

.....and finally, the speculators who are nothing but wild predictions about the place closing down, spreading rumors about the company being bought out just because you seen a report about a different company in a different market in russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Work with a guy who is constantly in a good mood, from 8-5 he is laughing and joking all the time and he makes the rest of us look miserable. His parents could be murdered and he would still be in a happy mood.

Fucking annoying prick.

it's very likely he is off his game.... ask him to take a drug test and then see how good a mood he is in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I work with in an office with 10 people in it, and there's one woman who uses the speakerphone on her phone for every call!! Extremely annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

One lad I work with has the most bizarre hack/cough/gulp thing. It would be enough to annoy Gollum!

Another guy, there well over a year, still need managerial guidance on the most routine tasks. If his job was hard I'd understand, but we're talking about needing advice every day on every day tasks.

People who think they're more important that they are solely because of who they know. I know one staff member that has talked down to several people above him and get away with it because they know someone higher up in the company.

Thieves as well. Absolutely disgraceful to be stealing stuff from that canteen, no reason excuses it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

So many annoying things in the office space can be solved by one thing: An office Linebacker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jigsaw07

Beggers, gossipers, know it alls,busybodies, oh and the fact that they even exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

An old colleague of mine would turn on the radio in the office then walk out of the room, used to drive us all mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A girl in my office has that song "I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair" as her ring-tone. Wouldn't be that annoying if it only rang once or twice during the day. However, she would be out for a fag break quite frequently and she ALWAYS leaves her phone on her desk. Naturally, it always rings when she's out. It's without a doubt the most annoying ring-tone I've ever heard

I hate you Sandi Thom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement