Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"BLANK, I think it's actually quite BLANK"!

• 07-05-2012 3:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

If you listened to FM104 lately, you will have heard about this game thing they have going. Fill in the blank word and win 5000 Euro's.
    "BLANK, I think it's actually quite BLANK"!

I was wondering if there are many folk out there who don't cop the scam. For those who don't, I'll explain.

For each blank there are about 1,000,000 possibilities, possibly more.

No matter what answer you come up with, it will be the wrong answer, until they get so much interest, or a certain amount or money back from texts and phone calls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

You pluralize euro. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

So, you're saying I should wait a few weeks before ringing in?

Brilliant! Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The blanks are quite obviously "Chequebook" and "Pen"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

So, you're saying I should wait a few weeks before ringing in?

Brilliant! Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, I've calculated you should wait 3 weeks and 4 days. They will have earned about 20,000 Euro, by then. And will give 5,000 back to some random desperado.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It reminds of the Numbers racket Jimmy Coonan used to run out of Hells Kitchen. The game was predetermined and nobody ever won.

• Advertisement

I think the second word is 'Thick'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

Joe, disgraceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

What? Are you serious but what happens if someone gets the right answer on day one?

So, what you're saying is, they don't actually have an answer until they make a load of money and THEN they chose 2 words nobody has guessed?

Do you have proof? I'm pretty sure it's not very kosher from Boards legal point of view making claims like this.

What? Are you serious but what happens if someone gets the right answer on day one?

There is no right answer.

When they decide enough is enough, they simply create the answer. Like i said, there are countless possibilities.

They just say no no no no no no, then make up an answer.

DUH !

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So, what you're saying is, they don't actually have an answer until they make a load of money and THEN they chose 2 words nobody has guessed?

Do you have proof? I'm pretty sure it's not very kosher from Boards legal point of view making claims like this.

Why don't you run off to a mod and complain then.:rolleyes:

Man, I feel so stupid. How can I possibly trust another radio station again. I guess, I guess in this world you can only really trust yourself.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank

Man, I feel so stupid. How can I possibly trust another radio station again. I guess, I guess in this world you can only really trust yourself.

How many times did you call them ?

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    How many times did you call them ?

I don't know, 10...20? What does it matter now, once is enough...I don't even know what's real anymore.

You know, you open up sometimes thinking there's some good in this world. A little glimmer of hope for the little guy and then someone swipes the carpet from under your feet. Just like that it's all taken from you, everything you believed in...it's a cold place when you realise you can't trust anyone but yourself.

How about if I call them tomorrow? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Is the prize a Blankety Blank cheque book and pen?

I don't know, 10...20? What does it matter now, once is enough...I don't even know what's real anymore.

You know, you open up sometimes thinking there's some good in this world. A little glimmer of hope for the little guy and then someone swipes the carpet from under your feet. Just like that it's all taken from you, everything you believed in...it's a cold place when you realise you can't trust anyone but yourself.

How about if I call them tomorrow? :)

Never give up hope bud. Bank holiday tomorrow, wait till Tuesday. :)

Are the rules that the two 'BLANKS' are the same word, or can they be different?

Are the rules that the two 'BLANKS' are the same word, or can they be different?

Yes. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Ok, I will take this BLANK and shove it down your BLANK.

Answers on a postcard please.

• Advertisement

_

Listeners, I think it's actually quite Obvious.

Daihi 1, I think it's actually quite sh1te

Daihi 1, I think it's actually quite sh1te

What is ?

Don't answer that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

What is ?

The prize? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

What is ?
    Whoooooooooosh

Whoooooooooosh

Are we writing random onomatopoeic words?

Shuuuuuuuuuuuh

Mickey H wrote: »
    The prize? :confused:

Considering that the "prize", is other peoples money, people who thought there was an initial prize to be won, when there was nothing. I tend to agree with you.

They (104) also had a competition last year for a house in Barnwell, Blanchardstown. It went on for months. Same deal. The house was paid for by callers and texters. So, the station actually gave nothing away. But they get all the praise. They are taking people for fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Your probably right OP.The lottery another rigged game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

BIG I think it's actually quite SMALL...

Followed by That's what she said,woot,woot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

A phone in scam! Well I never!

stoneill wrote: »

Mr Stuffins seemed pretty surprised... and defensive.

Ring in and confront them.

Sindri wrote: »
    Ring in and confront them.

Rite !!
    I'll use a different name so they wont recognize me..

stoneill wrote: »

"It's nothing but panhandling!

-"Tele-panhandling"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

fill in or wànk.. chancers.

still have a Rock 104 sticker plastered on the shed window dating back 22yr :/ FM uh.. Disco 104 sounds crud I understand

And a Dublin radio station competition is relevant to us *blank*s in the rest of the country because *blank*?

I know I can't fill the blanks. :)

(Not that I'm annoyed, us countryfolk could come up, win that cash & run back past Weston laughing maniacally.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

shit I think its actually quite shit

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

He didn't "pluralize" it as he has inserted an apostrophe which means there is possession.

PS: Sorry for policing the grammar police. Now ..... who is going to police the police of the grammar police?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

dave3004 wrote: »
    He didn't "pluralize" it as he has inserted an apostrophe which means there is possession.

PS: Sorry for policing the grammar police. Now ..... who is going to police the police of the grammar police?

pluralise- this is not America FFS!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

forfuxsake wrote: »

The person who polices the grammar cannot also police the grammar police's grammar police...... or you'll open a black hole in space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

forfuxsake wrote: »

Pluralize is not just American. FFS! :D
    It is also the correct English. Pluralise is also correct English, but not Amercan. Pluralize is the 'most' correct in English though, the 's' being an english recent deviation from the original Greek 'ize'.

bump for ah day crew.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I thought they had to be phrases or at least a sentence that makes sense. YOu couldn't just drop in any word like "aperture, I think it's actually quite business card".

All phone in competitions, all of them. Are a money making scams. If a paper, TV station or radio station is saying call us, or enter this or that it's only for money making purposes. Every competition is essentially a scam as far as I'm concerned.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

There is no right answer.

When they decide enough is enough, they simply create the answer. Like i said, there are countless possibilities.

They just say no no no no no no, then make up an answer.

DUH !

That game is going on donkeys years, I remember it doing my head in back in 2004 when the company I worked for would play FM104 all day..

The line is actually from a song or movie, when the right answer is guessed they'll play the line for all to hear iirc.

Yeah, it does need to make sense. Still, there are countless options.

Gosh, I think it's actually quite scammericious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Remember that late night quiz show on TV3 a few years ago? Now that was a scam. This, not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

If you listened to FM104 lately, you will have heard about this game thing they have going. Fill in the blank word and win 5000 Euro's.

I was wondering if there are many folk out there who don't cop the scam. For those who don't, I'll explain.

For each blank there are about 1,000,000 possibilities, possibly more.

No matter what answer you come up with, it will be the wrong answer, until they get so much interest, or a certain amount or money back from texts and phone calls.

Write a computer program that does a frequency analysis of large pieces of text (movie scripts, song lyrics, etc), searching for phrases containing the words "actually I think it's quite". Have the program spit out the most frequentlly occuring words that appear at both ends of the phrase.

I won't tell you what the right answer is, but it will tell you what will hopefully be the most likely answers.

Alternatively, you could just go the boring route and google the phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I was wondering if there are many folk out there who don't cop the scam.

I doubt it, it's a very straightforward concept that's being going on for countless years and people don't really need this kinda thing spelled out for them

• Advertisement
Advertisement