Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"BLANK, I think it's actually quite BLANK"!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

al28283 wrote: »
    I doubt it, it's a very straightforward concept that's being going on for countless years and people don't really need this kinda thing spelled out for them

Tell that to the countless suckers who call in, for countless years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    They are taking people for fools.

No they aren't, you know when you call up that it will cost you money and you know that you might not win. They don't try to hide it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Jesus do people actually fall for this retarded sh*t? It's like those halfwits ringing with the 'answer' for those late night TV3 scams. How many cats are in this photo? Answer's 10, but they'll make it 200 because each one is pregnant with kittens. It's rainman stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Tuck your blanks into your blanks!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

dave3004 wrote: »
    He didn't "pluralize" it as he has inserted an apostrophe which means there is possession.

PS: Sorry for policing the grammar police. Now ..... who is going to police the police of the grammar police?

Only three dots in an ellipsis (...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jordo8239

Good point except FM104 have a landline number and don't receive any money from the calls and they make less than one cent on every text

Blank? BLANK?! You're not looking at the big picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

PS: Sorry for policing the grammar police. Now ..... who is going to police the police of the grammar police?
    If the police police police police, who polices the police police? Police police police police police police!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ah no, this book didn't come with any 11's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Just cos you cant guess it OP, bet all the girls that don't like you are lesbos too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

yupya1 wrote: »
    Just cos you cant guess it OP, bet all the girls that don't like you are lesbos too!

Never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

I guessed it the first day and won 5k but they asked me to keep it quiet so they could run the competition for another month or two.
    When they are ready they will play my call as "live".

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

i'm goin round there right now,and i'm gonna smash their blank blank right in,so i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

He didn't "pluralize" it as he has inserted an apostrophe which means there is possession.

What does the Euro possess?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

ScumLord wrote: »
    I thought they had to be phrases or at least a sentence that makes sense. YOu couldn't just drop in any word like "aperture, I think it's actually quite business card".

All phone in competitions, all of them. Are a money making scams. If a paper, TV station or radio station is saying call us, or enter this or that it's only for money making purposes. Every competition is essentially a scam as far as I'm concerned.

Some accusation. It's actually to build the market share of a radio station, nothing to do with what you're alleging.

Radio stations have marketing budgets, they don't have to con the public out of their hard earned.

The sentence is on tape and when it's guessed, it will be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

ScumLord wrote: »
    All phone in competitions, all of them. Are a money making scams. If a paper, TV station or radio station is saying call us, or enter this or that it's only for money making purposes. Every competition is essentially a scam as far as I'm concerned.

When they ask you to call for the competition, they just give out their regular 01 landline number, so they're aren't generating any revenue from that.

I would agree with the OP IF it was a 1550 or whatever premium rate number, but it's not. The only people making money off this competition are the phone companies.

As with most things, I'm sure there are idiots that keep texting in answers in hope of winning, and yes, the station will generate a certain amount of revenue from those 53xxx numbers, but that's the fool that enters fault, as it's not advertised as being a text competition. (Until, I now see, tomorrow, Friday 18th May between 8 and 9am, when they will open text line as a valid form of entry).

To recoup the €5000, they'd still want a SERIOUS amounts of texts from a 53xxx number. Again, the person that makes most from that is the phone provider (and Revenue Commissioner!)

Also, I'm pretty sure I remember (from this type of competition in the past) that the sentence is actually taken from a recording of a "Celeb" or similar, and as soon as the correct answer is given, they play the clip and tell you who said it, so it's not "insert any word here" as was previously suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kalona

Every Competition run on radios are regulated! FM104 could be sued and get into some serious trouble if they were doing what your accusing! They wouldnt be so foolish as to do that! And FM104 can afford to pay out a 5000 euro cash prize, the point of the competition is to get more listeners. Bit of common sense would figure that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Flowerpotxx

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    There is no right answer.

When they decide enough is enough, they simply create the answer. Like i said, there are countless possibilities.

They just say no no no no no no, then make up an answer.

DUH !

Daithi1 you've obviously never listened to this competition before. FM104 always have a recording of the actual phrase so that they can prove (for people like you) that all the wrong answers were wrong ... usually it's a comedian or a snippet from an interview!!!!

Advertisement