Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights home around Xmas

Options
  • 07-05-2012 5:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi, I'm looking at booking a flight home (dep Sydney) around Xmas for approx three weeks. J

ust wondering when is the best time to book it?

I've heard it may be better (cheaper) to book two single flights rather than a return but I would have doubted that myself - can anyone confirm?

Any idea whether it is best to book now or wait? Who is generally the cheapest and what should i expect to pay?
    Roughly three weeks - maybe circa 17th December to 7th January.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Xmas will be expensive no matter when you book it.
    You'll be probably paying between $2200 and $2800 return. And i don't see how two singles would be cheaper.

For those dates are curently available for $2,350.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

I checked this last night and it was 2600 - 3600 already.

Its out of my budget this year. Im only in the pace two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I checked this last night and it was 2600 - 3600 already.
    You need to find a better place to price flights. The price I quoted above, $2,350, was available yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Sky scanner is a good place to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Was just checking flights there. Melbourne to Dublin return for $2167. That's from the 20th Dec to the 7th Jan with China Airways and Air France. Would love to go Emirates for the 1 stopover and nice flight but can't justify the extra $500 it'll cost me. Anyone ever flown with China Airways or Air France before? What are they like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Southern China Airlines dont have tvs

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just booked mine leaving Dec 16, back Jan 25. A shade under $2400 from Perth to Dublin with KLM and operated by them, Malaysia and Aer Lingus.

Prices have gone up about $250 in the last month cause I've been monitoring them closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Was looking at KLM too. The same deal (Malaysia, Aer Lingus and KLM) is $2467 from Melb from Dec 20 to Jan 7. I think the extra $300 will be worth it, especially as my total travel time will be 27 hrs instead of 32. Going to book it today I think.

Advertisement