Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugarpaste footballs-help needed!

Options
  • 07-05-2012 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi
    Has anyone a link to video or step by step guide to make mini footballs from sugarpaste? Thanks
    How long in advance would I need to make sugarpaste items before day cake is to be ate.

Yes this is my first attempt!! My nephew loves my baking so wants me to do a Football cake for his birthday.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

If you mean a cake shaped like a soccer ball you could either carve it yourself or if you are not sure in your carving abilities buy a "ball" form for baking. For tutorial links check youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Do you just mean little spherical footballs made from sugarpaste or flat discs decorated like footballs? Decorations can be made ages in advance, they just dry out more the longer they're made so a few days before would be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nujbvi0pwref8c

Thanks for both replies, it's small footballs for placing on the side of the cake, I need to make about 10, I'm sure it's pretty easy but cannot find any video on YouTube .

Roll white fondant into ball, cut in half and how would I do the black hexagons, paint them on or use black fondant???

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

So you want kind of half domed things is it? Cutting a full ball in half will squish the shape a little bit, you'll just have to fix that again by hand. Paint on the hexagons, you'd be all day cutting them out. Get some patience ready, painting football hexagons is one of the most soul destroying bits of decoration I have ever done!

Advertisement