Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting sponsorship...

Options
  • 07-05-2012 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to get a skilled visa of some sort as a remedial massage therapist..
    Ive been on the Aus website but still cant make sense of what visa to get or if I even have a chance

does anyone know much about my work in Australia or Sponsorship opportunities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I think your only option would be to obtain state sponsorship as massage therapist is not on the list for independent residency. You would need to look into what states has this occupation on their list. Your chances of getting employer sponsorship(457) from Ireland would be fairly slim..it is in my opinion the worst visa to be on in Australia anyway as you are tied to one employer.

Have you already used your working holiday visa or are you over 31?This would be by far the easiet option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

H ave you looked at the britishexpats website, its a great source of information. http://britishexpats.com/forum/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

aido79 wrote: »
    I think your only option would be to obtain state sponsorship as massage therapist is not on the list for independent residency. You would need to look into what states has this occupation on their list. Your chances of getting employer sponsorship(457) from Ireland would be fairly slim..it is in my opinion the worst visa to be on in Australia anyway as you are tied to one employer.

Have you already used your working holiday visa or are you over 31?This would be by far the easiet option.

yeah i was there laast year for the year :( came home to finish my final year college...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

horse7 wrote: »
    H ave you looked at the britishexpats website, its a great source of information. http://britishexpats.com/forum/
    il have a look now :D

Advertisement