Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal internships DFA

Options
  • 07-05-2012 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I assume a ridiculous amount of people have applied for the legal internships in the Department of Foreign Affairs! Anyone hear back? Or know how many they're hiring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 snags

I applied but haven't heard anything at all. Not even a receipt of application. You hear anything back since?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scrabblebabble

No never heard anything! You'd think they could send some sort of response!!

I know! I'm debating whether or not to email tomorrow to see what the story is although part of me thinks perhaps it might be prudent just to wait it out… Dilemma.

I'm the same... I figure if they want me, they'll let me know :P

So waiting it out paid off after all - interview here I come! :) You hear anything back?

• Advertisement

Me too :):) well done! Delighted!! Is your interview a month away though?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RadioClash

-

RadioClash wrote: »
    Was recently speaking to a son of two diplomats in the DFA and quelle surprise his brother got one of these internships. Great little country.

Are you sure? The interviews are only this week so I doubt he knows yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MaggieLizer

Applied for a political internship in another section of DFA but haven't heard anything back as of yet. The closing date was last Friday. How long did it take for them to be in contact out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

assuming the story is true ..
    i'd say thats some sort of insider knowledge rather than simple nepotism or favouritisim , most civil service appointment type jobs are pretty good for avoiding those.

• Advertisement
Advertisement