Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo General Hospital Car Park.

Options
  • 07-05-2012 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody else experienced a very negative attitude from the parking attendants in Sligo General Hospital car park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I've always found them helpful, they try and direct people to spaces....although to be honest it's so difficult trying to get a space I tend to park in Connaghton Road most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Always have found them very helpful. In fact, they've often directed me to park in non-designated spaces (double yellow lines etc) when I was driving around a bit waiting for a space. Thought that was pretty decent of them! (Obviously in was in places where my car wasn't affecting other traffic.)

On a side note, if you visit the hospital a lot as a visitor or patient, you should ask a nurse about getting a parking pass so you don't have to pay.

Also, if you can't get a space in the hospital car park, the Brewery is handy for parking, usually plenty of spaces there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I heard there's a new fella up there whose being very strict o giving tickets lately

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

What's with all the work that's going on over there at the moment are they building an extension to the car park??

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    What's with all the work that's going on over there at the moment are they building an extension to the car park??

Pretty sure it's a ring road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 groundhurling

I've always found them to be strict, but fair. That said I have heard some negative comments in recent weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

I've always found them to be strict, but fair. That said I have heard some negative comments in recent weeks.

Within the past few weeks I had to bring my wife to an oncology appointment in SGH parking in the small car-park at the front of the hospital like I always do. The oncology staff had given me a free parking permit to park up my car. When we came back to the car some little gob-shi*e had put a ticket on my car. I went around to the security hut where I explained to the guy what had happened, it turned out he gave me the ticket, he was extremely rude and arrogant about the ticket and reluctantly took it back, I had explained to him about the permit from oncology and he didn’t seem to recognise the permit, to be honest I eventually told him to stick the ticket where the monkey stuck his nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

:D

where did the monkey put his nuts ???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Within the past few weeks I had to bring my wife to an oncology appointment in SGH parking in the small car-park at the front of the hospital like I always do. The oncology staff had given me a free parking permit to park up my car. When we came back to the car some little gob-shi*e had put a ticket on my car. I went around to the security hut where I explained to the guy what had happened, it turned out he gave me the ticket, he was extremely rude and arrogant about the ticket and reluctantly took it back, I had explained to him about the permit from oncology and he didn’t seem to recognise the permit, to be honest I eventually told him to stick the ticket where the monkey stuck his nuts.

Isn't that small carpark at the front for staff only?

Unless you mean that you parked in the "drop off" spaces? Or maybe the hospice carpark?

My dad has one of those permits; I had one for several months too for my own health issues; as far as we were aware they're to be used in the main large carpark at the back? That's what we were told anyways.

Advertisement