Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser in Ballina

Options
  • 07-05-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser around Ballina? The Mrs. is on the hunt for a replacement, not happy with her current one!

Someone who's not ridiculously expensive and who's work doesn't need redoing after a fortnight!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i have short hair that needs cutting regurlary and i go to JJAD or however you spell it. as a rare treat i'll get a colour done there too and they're also good at that. my test of a good hairdressers is how long they take listening to what you want rather than just going ''yeah yeah'' and doing whatever they like. it's a reddy/winey shopfront opposite quinns jewellers. (i've no idea of the street names in ballina, sorry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

What kind of prices do they charge? How long does the colour last?!

crap, the last time i was in such a rush i just threw my laser card at her so i can't remember. if it's a permanent colour it 'lasts' depending on how your hair grows and also how often you wash your hair, really. i wash my hair every day and my colour is just as shiny and rich looking after 4 weeks. but my hair is dark and doesn't grow fast so i don't have the roots issue someone blonde might have. the cut i get in there lasts for weeks though. a cut 'lasting' is more noticible on short hair and i'm always impressed with how yer wan can translate my ''spikey funky messy bobby long fringey thing'' description into what i actually get.... i had a card with the girl's name on it. if i can find it i'll come back and post her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Just to throw a spanner in the works. Worst haircut I ever got was in JJAD!

yeah, that's the thing you see, everyone has different expectations and experiences. i was recommended another place when i moved to mayo first but i got poked in the neck with a scissors when yer wan who was cutting my hair went to answer her mobile. she kept saying 'sher it didn't draw blood' as i sat there wiping the blood off myself with a tissue :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Try Stephanie in Ardnaree. She is just up from Katies Corner on the right hand side.

Advertisement