Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

discounts for makeup artist students

• 07-05-2012 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi I am currently studying to be a makeup artist. I am trying to get my kit together and also need brushes, brush cleaner, lots of cheap cotton pads, etc. I am wondering where in Dublin could I get discounted items.
    Where are the salon services wholesalers and do you have to bring a letter from your college to get a discount or is everything already discounted?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

You can get a discount with MAC, IICR it's 20% for MUA students.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hi I am currently studying to be a makeup artist. I am trying to get my kit together and also need brushes, brush cleaner, lots of cheap cotton pads, etc. I am wondering where in Dublin could I get discounted items.
    Where are the salon services wholesalers and do you have to bring a letter from your college to get a discount or is everything already discounted?

Elf have a great brush cleanser that's cheap and do some very decent brushes as well. With brushes I'd do your research. I spent a fortune on an Inglot kit but realised after they weren't exactly what I was after and I'm now investing in Sigma brushes. If I could recommend one or two brushes I'd go for the Sigma F80 Kabuki brush which is amazing for foundation and about 16 quid. Also their fluffy blending brushes for eyeshadow are amazing. So think about mixing and matching. Real Techniques have also got fab reviews and if you order from somewhere like Cloud10 the deals are great and you build up points with every order that are redeemable against future purchases!

Pennys are great for cheap cotton pads and cotton balls for like a euro a bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

If you're with the Meteor network you get 20% off of Inglot Cosmetics.

They also have certain kits mades for MUA's so I'd check them out. Thye also offer dicounts for MUA students if you have a letter or card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

SmokeyEyes, mind me asking why you didn't like the Inglot brush kit?

I was planning on getting the 42pc collection, were they not that great?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 klaramcdonnell

thanks a mill everyone:)
    I am actually waiting on a delivery from e.l.f. Excited to see what the products are like. I know Inglot give a 20percent discount once you show a letter from the course. I love their primer and foundation brushes. I was wondering about places like Terrisales and Salonsavers , doesn't anyone know if they are cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 klaramcdonnell

Belle Morte Beauty, tried to send you a pm but I wasn't able to. Thanks so much, I appreciate the advice and I'll check out that site:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

SmokeyEyes, mind me asking why you didn't like the Inglot brush kit?

I was planning on getting the 42pc collection, were they not that great?

Don't get me wrong it's nice, but just received my Sigma lot below today and I much prefer it already!

The Inglot kit is nice and well made but despite so many brushes there were still gaps that should have been filled and I couldn't afford to buy more so I sold the Inglot set and bought Sigma which I'm delighted with!

AsXz4nOCEAEVMie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

When I was doing a makeup course I went to Flair in the Northcity Industrial Estate in Finglas. They also have wholesalers in Kilmainham and Naas. I just told them what course I was doing and they gave me a membership card which gives me 10% off all the stock. They supply NYX makeup which I don't find great, but they're good for other products. I'm not doing the course anymore but still go in every now and then to stock up on good shampoos, hair dyes, nail varnishes etc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Sigma brushes are great.

Aldi cotton pads are fab ( avoid pennys cotton).

Use the Mac brush cleaner buy a spray bottle and dilute it.....

Advertisement