Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superyacht arrived, but whos on it?

Options
  • 07-05-2012 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭

http://afloat.ie/port-news/cruise-liners/item/18629-super-yacht-air-sails-into-cork-harbour

It can be seen now in Port of Cork, same place where MS Julia was docked for months.
    Probably stopping just for fuel and supplies as i seen fuel and supply trucks next to it this morning.

Any idea who is on it? Considering it is a yacht that hires for 750,000 bucks per week, it aint some average dude/dudette.

Comments

motoryachtair.jpg

Helicopter pad too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Probably Bertie....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Nice fancy boat

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

nice alright. has been anchored off cobh for last 4/5 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I saw four 'guests' arrive today, was monitoring comms and video. Looked like a boy band to me, but they were seriously underwhelmed by their tour.

BTW she broke the harbour speed limits as she left. Parking at the Cobh liner terminal as we speak. More pap work for me I hope/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It's mine, well, I'm renting it for a few weeks, gonna go fight me some pirates off somalia :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It's mine, well, I'm renting it for a few weeks, gonna go fight me some pirates off somalia :pac:
    You forgot me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I passed this thing today in town. The photo above doesnt do justice to its size. Unreal. It's a different world that those that would be able to hire it live in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I saw it today aswell. It's fecking huge. I was looking past it first, thinking it was one of the tankers or something! It's a giant house that floats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

The Crown-Prince of Nigeria, finally coming over to hand me the $1.2 million he promised me. First he was looking for money off me to get it past the customs so I told him feck it just bring it over when you'll be passing Ireland on yer boat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

The picture above doesn't look very impressive. Maybe it doesn't do it justice.
    I've seen Bill Gates' yacht in Croatia. That was pretty large.

That's the problem with yachts, there is always someone with a bigger one...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

That's the problem with yachts, there is always someone with a bigger one...

Unless your Roman Abramovich http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(yacht)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

rumour has it the occupier is using the helicopter to get to golf courses around Ireland,

other rumours are saying its Julia Roberts, :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

Is it still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Yacht is the 'Le Grand Bleu'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Grand_Bleu_(yacht)

Nice piece of kit alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Nidot wrote: »
    Yacht is the 'Le Grand Bleu'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Grand_Bleu_(yacht)

Nice piece of kit alright.

That's not the one in Cork, "Air" is.

Nidot wrote: »
    Yacht is the 'Le Grand Bleu'.

She's not, AIR is built in the Netherlands your link was made in Germany. Feadship is a builder/rental cooperative with AIR currently flagged for civil charter from the Cayman Islands. :)

PS I speculate this is some Celtic Tiger money that was never found :)

vrobot wrote: »
    Is it still there?

Cobh liner terminal. Next [scheduled] move 10th May 08:00 [but it does not say to where]

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ we could track it as it moves next, i folled the ms julia(wind perfection) on her journey a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

gbee wrote: »
    She's not, AIR is built in the Netherlands your link was made in Germany. Feadship is a builder/rental cooperative with AIR currently flagged for civil charter from the Cayman Islands. :)

PS I speculate this is some Celtic Tiger money that was never found :)

So we are back to bertie then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

DSC_0621.jpg
    DSC_0620.jpg
    DSC_0619.jpg
    DSC_0618.jpg
    DSC_0617.jpg
    DSC_0616.jpg
    DSC_0614.jpg
    DSC_0613.jpg
    DSC_0612.jpg
    DSC_0611.jpg
    DSC_0610.jpg
    DSC_0609.jpg
    DSC_0608.jpg
    yacht.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Fabulous shots, scuby!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

Maybe its George Clooney back for another visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Don't know how true it is, but I heard it WAS Abramovich. He was re-fuelling and was just dropping in to say 'Hi'! :D

Don't know how true it is, but I heard it WAS ...........................

I had video of the guest arriving and boarding, they must have had anti Surveillance running or I never actually pushed the record button ~~~ devastated. :eek::o:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

They certainly get around - The chopper is Isle of Man registered and was photographed on the "Air" in Nassau Harbour in March 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetwashphotos/6858376982/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭breanach

A company we supply in cork refuelled her last week, they were saying it's some dot com billionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

We saw her parked up just off Crookehaven this weekend fab looking boat..Still would like to know who is on board..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it's back in Cobh today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Advertisement