Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superyacht arrived, but whos on it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Still down in Cobh this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

All that money....huge superyacht...chooses to stay in Cork for weeks on end :cool:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Looking at marinetraffic she is on her way out of Cork Harbour at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Shes anchored off Baltimore now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Hey,it just some hedge fund billionaire dropping in to thank us crazys for giving him back all the money that he lost on his bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

For all the people asking who's on board, there is no one except crew on board, no celebs, millionaires etc. In fact I was informed of this by a crew member last week, it is just going around promoting itself at present and is heading to England next. Fueled up with 88,000 liters last week at 1.10 a liter. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

How were you talking to a crew member? Where is the crew from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

keano25 wrote: »
    For all the people asking who's on board, there is no one except crew on board, no celebs, millionaires etc. In fact I was informed of this by a crew member last week, it is just going around promoting itself at present and is heading to England next. Fueled up with 88,000 liters last week at 1.10 a liter. :O
    Yon can buy it for about a euro a litre so ha we got some money back,in your face hedge fund billionaire:D

keano25 wrote: »

Promoting itself by mooring mostly in Cobh for 3 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Promoting itself by mooring mostly in Cobh for 3 weeks?

It's promoting itself as being better than Titanic…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

I was thinking for a lil while lately that it might be out just promoting itself, but i don't think this is true.
    If you are out with this sort of yacht, you find better ways to promote yourself than staying in one place for so long. Unless its Monaco, Monte Carlo or some place similar. I think within few days it would have had done all the promoting in Cork and County coastline it would have needed.
    It's not like we have a constant flow of billionaires piled in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

It was definitely here for a charter, my word is at least one group arrived, took the tour and were gone. It's probably just doing 'cheap' charters ~ in Billionaire terms one can get almost any superyacht for pennies these days.

Charter companies are as much in trouble as anyone else, there is great 'value' in all things marine these days with big cruise ships losing passengers to the smaller lines and these in turn offering even cheaper packages and inducements.

Though my own personal take on this is it is the ghost of Charlie Haughey come to Cobh to rub the nose of Vincent Keaney, the former millionaire who danced on Charlie's grave.

She was ousted by a rather bigger boat today!

2012-05-28072240.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

dorgasm wrote: »

En route to Bantry I believe. Was in Dingle last week before traveling back to Cobh. 10 bedrooms on board so possibility of 20 guests to share the 750k ;)

According to this badly written article, it was Reese Witherspoon and her husband. Or not.

evilivor wrote: »
    According to this badly written article, it was Reese Witherspoon and her husband. Or not.

" and the annual Wooden Boat and Seafood Festival"

This has become STANDARD drivel now from festival organisers, been happening for a while already when stars are mentioned as possible festival hosts or guest appearances etc ~

Cobh did it last month with George Clooney ~ funny thing, that yacht arrived soon after that rush to see Clooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

"imminently possible" :D

Is that just bad writing, or the Cork accent coming out?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    "imminently possible" :D

Is that just bad writing, or the Cork accent coming out?

The former it seems - it's like one of speculation padded out with 15 paragraphs of cut'n'paste.

Baltimore on that yacht AIR ... fact: FLASH: Stop: On Air from 96Fm, Cork Local Radio: Stop: Supertelephoto lenses used to see Clooney on board: Stop: Rush to press: Stop:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Heading for Cork again.

Gawd, I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this as well :eek:

In Cork Harbour now which means I get to see it if I get home from work on time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Tis back, they seem to like Cork for some reason. Apparently you can charter it for 750,000 USD a week

Denis O'Brien?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Tis back, they seem to like Cork for some reason. Apparently you can charter it for 750,000 USD a week

Denis O'Brien?

its been here a week or two now,it was down around west cork and dingle way too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Denis O'Brien?

His lawyer? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

its been here a week or two now,it was down around west cork and dingle way too

You'd think when tis costing them the price of a decent size house per night they would choose a place with glorious weather, 30 degrees, sunshine and hoardes of scantily clad ladies jumping into the water and DJ Omar playing live on the beach. Was tempted to go in and ask how they're finding Cork but they probably employ two chubby black bodyguards packin glocks to dispatch the likes of me to their death

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Sandycove, Kinsale last night

jlX9sfe.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

You'd think when tis costing them the price of a decent size house per night they would choose a place with glorious weather, 30 degrees, sunshine and hoardes of scantily clad ladies jumping into the water and DJ Omar playing live on the beach. Was tempted to go in and ask how they're finding Cork but they probably employ two chubby black bodyguards packin glocks to dispatch the likes of me to their death

Go way outta that. The cork coastline is stunning, even more so from a boat.
    gallery-07.jpg

west_cork1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Nice bitta kit, that. It needs a couple of gun-turrets, though. :cool:

Advertisement