Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should the aiste be?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ehshup

a great guide to every aspect of irish grammar can be found at http://www.nualeargais.ie/gnag/gram.htm
    it's technical in parts, it's actually written by a german man i think, but it covers everything in detail. (you'd need to understand some of the english grammatical terms too though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

earwax_man wrote: »
    Here's a small present.

Ah, is it just the tuiseal ginideach? Sure I know all about that! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Speaking of genitive, could any fellow genitive lovers help me with a more complex case problem? Doink ;) Sorry OP, I don't want to hijack your thread :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Togepi wrote: »
    Such as...? :P

Learn off generic phrases you can use in any aiste, there's probably some in your book. They might sound a bit boring but that's what they give you marks for. Use some seanfhocail too, use one at the end of the aiste for your conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

My teacher told us 3 pages 3 lines as a guideline.
    But then again quality over quantity.
    I got 4, 4 1/2 pages in my mocks. made a few mistakes and only got 70/100.
    Although that was fairy rough I think. They underlined my mistakes, about 6-7 and only got 10 out of 20 for my ideas even though I had 3 key points and a solution. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

500-600 words is the recommended amount I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I wrote an 880 word essay on the Celtic Tiger yesterday and it was only 3 pages.My writing is pretty small though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

My teacher says around 2 1/2 pages although because it is a mixed ability class and there are only around 4 high b/a standard people, she regularly brings down our level. I think it says on the papers to write 500-600 words. I have written essays that are around 2 1/2 pages which have gotten As by her but have probably been more like 900 words. The last essay I wrote was 2 1/4 pages and it was over a thousand words!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

My teacher advises 2 pages to be safe. However if you are aiming for a high mark he advised 2.5-3 pages.

Advertisement