Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waitrose Frozen Food in Dunnes?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Bluefoam wrote: »
    If Tesco didn't have the scale to employ these people, the other retailers would be bigger & have a requirement to employ more people.

You are twisting my argument. I never said buy only from Irish stores, I said buy Irish - as in by Irish product. Ireland is ideally situated and has some of the richest land in the world, we should be producing quality product for the worlds needs, but to achieve this we need to concentrate on the home market first - buy Irish, this will create jobs, revenue for the exchequer, cash flow and ultimately positive ecomony...

We import 3 times more from the UK, than we export to them. This is a huge imballance & means that there is cash leaving the country and not returning... That cash is going into the pockets of British workers...

Back onto the topic of Tescos. It is well documented that Tescos have squeezed the Irish wholesalers and producers out of their stores (to a large extent), small manufacturers who supply into the grocery trade who used to supply into Quinnsworth now have very limited or no access to supply Tescos, due to the massive contracts and price engineering they take part in. I have seen this in action & although they tell you they sell Irish product, the amount of Irish product on their shelves minimal.
    I just googled this and looked for the most upto date article, i know theres a quaterly report somewhere and its quite similar...http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/Irish_Economy/article_1024206_printer.shtml

I didn't twist your argument,I questioned it with regarding "buying irish" as you didn't explain what you meant by it until now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Its about time people started buying Irish (and stop shopping in Tescos).

And put Tesco Ireland's thousands of staff out of work. Genius idea!
    No wonder there are no Jobs.

:rolleyes:

Where would this forum be without some good old misplaced anti-Brit propoganda!
    By the way, Aldi and Lidl are cheaper than Tescos on many things, why no remarks about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Magenta wrote: »
    Its about time people started buying Irish (and stop shopping in Tescos).

And put Tesco Ireland's thousands of staff out of work. Genius idea!
    No wonder there are no Jobs.

:rolleyes:

Where would this forum be without some good old misplaced anti-Brit propoganda!
    By the way, Aldi and Lidl are cheaper than Tescos on many things, why no remarks about them?
    I never mentioned cheap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No, but Aldi & lidl stock fewer Irish products then any so why not boycott them too??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

No, but Aldi & lidl stock fewer Irish products then any so why not boycott them too??
    I don't want to be pedantic about this, but please show me your figures to back up your statement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't want to be pedantic about this, but please show me your figures to back up your statement.

one second, i have something to contribute

.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Oh sweet Lord! Have you ever stood in one of their stores? The nearest thing to Irish is Northern Irish! Come off it!:rolleyes:

Okay, there are a few Irish products but only a few,

Advertisement