Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

twin burner stanley range problems

Options
  • 07-05-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi ! I have recently re rented my house to a couple ! they are the fourth crowd in six years to have it and i have never had any complaints before . It is roughly 2,800 square foot and is heated by a twin burner stanley range ! I have had a few problems with the range but have had it regularly serviced and had it serviced 2 weeks before this crowd moved in 7 weeks ago ! they put in 150 euro s oil to start with and they admitted to having it running constantly for two weeks at which point it ran out ! they then put in 200 euro worth 5 weeks ago and the wife has just rang to say that again it has run out but that this month they had been only using it an hour in the morning and an hour at night !!!!! each time it runs out it gets air-locked and a plumber has to be called ! im just wondering has anyone any theories as to why it could suddenly be using so much as 200 in just month seems 'unbelieveable' with such low usage unless there is a problem ? any ideas lads ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

If its a donard it can use up to 1.5 gallons per hour!

Are they cooking as well as heating with the stove?

I think they had a grant "minor one " burners originally>

Not the best at all.

Ask them to turn off the cooker part,if possible.

Or turn off as many rads as possible.

have they been set up right for the fuel used?

make sure its not getting too much air.that only wastes heat up the flue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Agree with wing52, depending on model the oven injector could be around .50 of a US gallon and the heating anything upto a .85 US gallon, so a rough calculation, add it up and convert to ltrs/hr and you could be looking at upto 6ltrs/hr x 2 hrs a day that 12lts/day at say 90cent/ltr, thats over €10/day, so yes its feasible, even with just the heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rickjames16

its a brandon ! the lady recons she s just heating the radiators for that time but there s 23 rads im going to tell her to turn off or down a few of these !

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rickjames16

is it time to get an outside burner too ? have to say regret getting range now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

its a brandon ! !

Then presuming with the amount of rads its the 100k then it is a .85 nozzle, so for that couple of hr its running, and surely not reaching temperature with all those rads then your looking at €7/8 /day.

Yes! a range wouldnt have been the most economical heat source to go for.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

With 23 rads I wonder is the boiler reaching temp. Or just chugging flat out?
    Undersized? Or did the correct nozzle go in on the last service?

Advertisement