Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help 22 magnum zero out

Options
  • 07-05-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

hey there fellas now i know how to zero my gun no probs there (now it can be hard at times lol lol) now questions is this my cz bruno is set at 50 yards bang on and roughly quarter inch to half inch low at 100 yards now instead of going and firing more rounds down range:rolleyes: can i just bring up my scope two clicks or one click so she will be bang on at 100 yards:cool: or would i still have to fire down range to make sure :eek::eek::eek: hate zeroing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Go out and experiment and give us the results instead :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you are a half inch low at 100, and given your scope works in 0.25 (1/4") inch click values then each click is 1/4" inch at 100 yards. So if you are half an inch low then technically 2 clicks would bring you up the distance needed.

The thing is click value of scopes are not 100% accurate. By this i mean the scope will adjust 1/4", but the bullet being fired, the caliber, MV, ec all have a bearing, and as bullets do not ravel in "line of sight", but in an arc the click values of your scope are a reference to help you get a perfect zero at your desired range in as few adjustments as possible.

So you click up 2 clicks you should be on 100. However when you fire the rifle, and depending on ammo/caliber, you may find you need 3 clicks or maybe even just the one.

For example if i fire a fast target round through my .308 rifle, and find i am 1 inch low at 100. My scope is 1/4" click value. I click 4 times, and fire, and am now perfectly on bull. Now repeat this process with a slower hunting style round. I am 1 inch low, so click 4 times. However when i fire i find i am still 1/4" low, and require an extra click to get my 100 yard zero.

In short technically you should be able to click up without having to fire, but realistically you should always check your adjustments with at least 2-3 shots to confirm.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

Fire a round to check to be sure. Cheap tasco or hawke scopes can de all over the shop after a few clicks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

thanks very much there ezridaz great bit of help there lad ill try it out and see how it goes just that i hate zero on a bipod i may get myself a bloody vice lol lol thaks again there lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

If you set it at 75 yards you will have it mor e or less perfect for rabbit shooting out to 120 yards if you have mildot you will shoot a lot further than that

• Advertisement
Advertisement