Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat Cage

• 07-05-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, so I have myself two lovely girl-rats, and the cage I bought when I picked them up. Its like an oversized hamster cage. They have space for sleeping, going to the toilet, and there was a little shelf with a house higher up, but the clips for it broke under their weight and now the entire set-up looks a little boring. I let them out for maybe two hours in the evening, they're always knackered when they go back into the cage (of their own accord).

So I'm in the market for a new cage, would love a standalone one but I know they can be a bit pricey. Guess my budget is up to €80, but I could stretch it to €100 if it was really exceptionally awesome! Anyone know of any pet-shops in the Louth/Dublin area that do bigger cages? Both pet-shops here in Dundalk only stock glorified hamster cages, and my rats are only a few months old, so I can imagine they still have some growing to do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 tipseymcT

http://www.adverts.ie/pet-accessories/pet-cage-ferret-rat/1569939 came across this on adverts.ie,looks like they would have great craic in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I have that cage, it's the Furet Tower by Ferplast and it is HUGE! :D It's designed for ferrets but it's perfect for rats. I had my two girls in it. I got mine on Zooplus for about €260, so that's a real bargain!

I can't stress enough how big it is though - it doesn't fit through doors. :p It's on castors though and it's fairly easy to assemble/disassemble once you've done it once or twice. To be honest your girls would probably have plenty of room in just the top half, so if you feel the full unit is taking up too much space, just fit the blue plastic base at the bottom to the top half of the cage. (The blue plastic base half way up the cage has a hole in it for entry to the bottom half of the cage.) All the wire panels that you see in the pic fold flat so they're easy enough to store.

Advertisement