Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B1/B2 Visa. Waiting Times For Interview

Options
  • 07-05-2012 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Sup tweeps, I'm looking to get a B1/B2 leisure Visa to the US for a year ie 12 months on the dot.

I know that B1 visas are generally 6 months max, is it possible to get a 12 month one? If not are there any other visas that are given for 12 months? My cousin is over there, I'm not looking to work, just take a year off before Collage. Enjoy myself

Also, for those who have the experience, how long does it take to get an interview? As in if I rang them today for when would my appointment be scheduled?

Cheers peeps appreciate the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

B1/B2 visas entitle you to 6 month maximum stay. I don't believe you can get them for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

6 months maximum. You can try to get a 6 months extension once there, but you'd need a good reason (for example I've seen it approved for a grandmother whose first grandchild was about to be born). Considering your recent thread on going to highschool, rememebr you cannot attend school on a B2.

Keep in mind it will be up to the immigration officer at the border to decide the ultimate length of your stay, even if you get a 6 months visa (usually a ten year multiple entry) at the embassy. Be prepared to show that you can support yourself without a job for 6 months. Not easy...

Interviews are usually given within a month- 6 weeks, but they may be super busy with the J1s and recent DV lottery visas so I wouldn;t be surprised if it took longer.

Advertisement