Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closest Luas to Carrickmines Shopping Complex ?

Options
  • 07-05-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the closest Luas to Carrickmines Shopping Complex ?

The Carrickmines stop looks a bit farther than the Ballyogan one, on google maps anyway, is there a short cut through to the Complex from the Ballyogan stop ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you mean The Park? http://www.thepark.ie/how-to-find-us.aspx

Ballyogan appears to be about 200m closer and means crossing fewer roads. However, if you are coming from Bride's Glen, you are doing some doubling back, so perhaps use the first stop you get to, unless the walk is difficult for you.

Note that there is a fare zone boundary between the two stops and travelling further means paying 40c more per trip: http://www.luas.ie/interactive-map.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks for that Victor, yes the Park (Had no idea what is was called ... sorry) ... I'm coming from Ranelagh and buying some bulky things in Woodies so the closer the better :P

You don't know if there is a cut through for pedestrians from Ballyogan instead of having to walk all the way around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't know, it's not my neck of the woods.

Taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

There's no cut-through, you have to walk all the way around. If you are purchasing bulky items, you might want to phone a taxi from Woodie's

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 63 bus between Kilternan and Dun Laoghaire DART Station goes into the Park shopping centre complex if that's any help.

It passes Ballyogan and Carrickmines LUAS stops.

The LUAS stops are a long walk away from the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks guys, but I am travelling from Ranelagh..... I will try to get my 19yo to come with me and do the heavy lifting ;)

Advertisement