Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Approaching women in random places

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

paky wrote: »
    i never said i had a problem with picking up women. i said there are generally acceptable places where and where not you can pick up women. i cant help you with your weight but you could try developing a personality and not be so rude and it may well be the balancing factor in your life :cool:

Actually, I'm young, hot and smart. And I have a great personality. I can pick up anyone I want.
    Also, I love my life:)
    But all of that is ****ing irrelevent, because judging people on looks is unfair, and abusing randomers on the internet about being fat (when you've no idea if they even are) is just rude.

You are a rude person.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Jorcky wrote: »
    Actually, I'm young, hot and smart. And I have a great personality. I can pick up anyone I want.
    Also, I love my life:)
    But all of that is ****ing irrelevent, because judging people on looks is unfair, and abusing randomers on the internet about being fat (when you've no idea if they even are) is just rude.

You are a rude person.

:P

Everyone is in a rush on the streets anyways...if I saw you I'd probably think, yeh not bad, but we'd both be rushing somewhere.

That's modern Ireland for ya!

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Everyone is in a rush on the streets anyways...if I saw you I'd probably think, yeh not bad, but we'd both be rushing somewhere.

That's modern Ireland for ya!

I don't care that guys don't do it, I just think if you want to, nothing should stop you. Plus, I think it'd be an improvement on the way things work now. :P
    is this a serious question or are you just really that narrow minded?

you have to keep in mind that if your a fat ugly cow men are less likely to approach you

It was this I was getting annoyed at. Sure, it wasn't aimed at me, but it was still unnecessarily rude.
    :mad:

True Jorcky...but only if all the women were forced to wear badges saying they are single or in a relationship!!

I can nearly guarantee that if an Italian clothes designer ever has that idea, they all will. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

I can nearly guarantee that if an Italian clothes designer ever has that idea, they all will. :)

i thought they invented the wedding ring for that?

You can be unmarried and still not single though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

well be smart then and wear a ring.

• Advertisement

It's very risky Jorcky!

I mean lots of people around if things go wrong!!

I just came up with an idea though...run after the girl and tap her on the shoulder and say you dropped this...could be a fake letter or something you have for the occassion!

And she turns around and says, I don't think so! And then yee both have a laugh..ice broken...

well be smart then and wear a ring.

Don't heed him Jorcky, put him on ignore or something!

It's very risky Jorcky!

I mean lots of people around if things go wrong!!

I just came up with an idea though...run after the girl and tap her on the shoulder and say you dropped this...could be a fake letter or something you have for the occassion!

And she turns around and says, I don't think so! And then yee both have a laugh..ice broken...

Aw, that'd TOTALLY work!

Edit: Although if she does take the fake letter off you and looks at it, you'll have some explaining to do. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭srvhead

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    As long as you don't do it using those obnoxious Pickup Artist techniques then it's fine.

Explain Ciptin :P

Aw, that'd TOTALLY work!

Edit: Although if she does take the fake letter off you and looks at it, you'll have some explaining to do. :/

Yeh that's true...never thought of that...

What about if I wrote something sweet in it ;)

• Advertisement

Yeh that's true...never thought of that...

What about if I wrote something sweet in it ;)

Phone number? That way it might still work as a pick-up.

Genius Jorcky! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I would love if a guy approached me in a random place. Even if I wasn't attracted to him it'd still be nice and I would take it as a compliment obviously.
    You guys should do it more often!! I don't know any girl that wouldn't be cuffed about it

My most recent ex gave me her number hidden inside a chocolate muffin. That approach might not work for your average randommer on the street though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Ficheall wrote: »
    My most recent ex gave me her number hidden inside a chocolate muffin. That approach might not work for your average randommer on the street though.

She put the number in a muffin:D
    Funniest thing I've ever heard:D

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »

True, it's the whole don't take sweets off strangers thing... Still though. It's a sweet idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

True, it's the whole don't take sweets off strangers thing... Still though. It's a sweet idea.

Ah yeah but still though,,,,,,,,,,
    A muffin:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Doesn't work for us hermits unfortunately. :(

I'm sure it would if you tried:)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Katgurl wrote: »

Edit : btw before I get accused of being Samantha Brick I was making the point it is bizarre because I'm no stunner and think I must just look approachable. Plus, when I say multiple approaches, that is spaced out over a decade. Just wanted to clear that up before any "thinly veiled - oh check me out, i'm so hot" replies.

You mean you're so plain random men see you as being so desperate you'll have sex with complete strangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I'm sure it would if you tried:)

Oh I have. It's tough!

jayteecork wrote: »
    You mean you're so plain random men see you as being so desperate you'll have sex with complete strangers.

Wow.

@Varied: It's tough for everyone. Chin up:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Chickabic

My boyfriend of nearly fours years approached me when he was at work - as the head door man in a nightclub. It took me nine months of him chatting me up, asking me for my number and meet him for a drink that I finally gave in.

But we did have the odd sneaky kiss??? during them months. lol

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Chickabic wrote: »
    My boyfriend of nearly fours years approached me when he was at work - as the head door man in a nightclub. It took me nine months of him chatting me up, asking me for my number and meet him for a drink that I finally gave in.

A fine catch.

A stalking Gorilla who lacks the basic sense to differentiate between yes and no.

jayteecork wrote: »
    A fine catch.

A stalking Gorilla who lacks the basic sense to differentiate between yes and no.

Hahaha, I do sometimes say that to him, stalking me like a weirdo but honestly best decision I made. I should have said it sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Looking over the toilet cubicle is probably a no no

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Looking over the toilet cubicle is probably a no no
    I dunno - women seem to like tall guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

My ego is far too big and fragile to approach a female about a possible rendezvous. I go for the unsuccessful counter attack tactic. Plus it is rather creepy to approach strangers. A big thumbs down from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Nine months? Why?

Nine months? Why?

I wasnt ready to hook up with anyone at that time. We flirted and would have a kiss in the corner and he would drop me home but as far as giving him my number or meeting outside the club, I didnt want to. I was happy being single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Wow talk about playing hard to get. I don't think I'd have the patience to pursue someone for nine months.

Advertisement