Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comment on my Build.

Options
  • 07-05-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Well lads, what's the craic. I've just put together a build as a temporary build as I'm not buying it until Christmas. I just want to know if it's a good build at the moment for 720p gaming and moderate video/photo editing and I'd like to know what to change about it.
    Item | Price
    Super Flower Amazon 550w | 52.08
    N560GTX Twin Frozor II | 174.24
    Intel i5 2500k | 188.78
    Corsair Vengence 8 GB Blue | 42.63
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB | 102.63
    Sandisk Extreme 120 GB | 124.94
    Cooler Master Scout | 76.29
    Asrock Gen3 Pro3 | 82.61
    Blue Fans of Unknown Make | 25

Just a few notes
      • I like the case.
      • I like the heatsink on the RAM, willing to pay the extra 8 quid for it.
      • I want to swap out the red case fans for blue ones, is 25 quid enough for that?
      • Does the mobo support overclocking? I won't do it straight away, just don't want to lock it out.
      • Could you recommend a good keyboard and mouse for a left for under 100 quid for both?

Many thanks amigos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

its pointless asking now. those components will likely be outdated at that stage. you probably won't even be able to find a 2500K anymore, nor should you, as an ivy bridge revision might be out, and haswell around the corner etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

Tea_Bag wrote: »
      its pointless asking now. those components will likely be outdated at that stage. you probably won't even be able to find a 2500K anymore, nor should you, as an ivy bridge revision might be out, and haswell around the corner etc etc.
      The reason I am asking now is that I may be able to get it in June after my junior cert. I didn't know pc's moved so fast so I'm sorry if I came across as ignorant. But is it fine at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

- Change the GPU to either the Ti version of the 560, or a 6870. If you can go higher, the 7850 is next in line.
      - Get different RAM, those ones have massive heatspreaders that sometimes get in the way.
      - Get a Crucial M4 SSD instead.

- Probably, you can pick up blue lights on Amazon for cheap, and get some fans with blue leds. The PSU has a blue LED in it so that helps.

- Yes, it supports over clocking, but you should get a third party CPU Cooler for better, and quieter overclocking.

Advertisement