Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lease on land in AEOS

• 07-05-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

i have 25acres rented from a neighbour for the last 7 years , in 2010 we formed a 5 year lease with entliements and agreed a fair price betweem ourselves , it was ok with the owner for my to put the land into the AEOS and it suited me as i put it in as an option for traditional haymaking , this man the owner has since passed away and the new onwer his brother will not contuine the lease with me and i stand to lose my aeos over it , i have only a dept form with the lease of entilements with land singed from 2010 its not with a solictor or auctioneer there is no talking to the new owner he will not contuine the lease . does any one know have i any grounds to stand on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

If it were me I would seek proper legal advice. Did the original owner sign anything with lease term limit on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

johngalway wrote: »
    If it were me I would seek proper legal advice. Did the original owner sign anything with lease term limit on it?

yes he signed it till 31/10/2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

6480 wrote: »
    yes he signed it till 31/10/2015

If he signed a lease until 2015 you should have land until then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

If he signed a lease until 2015 you should have land until then

Yeah, if the landlord dies then his estate will have to honour the agreement or else they could buy you out of the agreement ;). So the moral for everyone leasing land off coffin dodgers is to have it in writing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

Yeah, if the landlord dies then his estate will have to honour the agreement or else they could buy you out of the agreement ;). So the moral for everyone leasing land off coffin dodgers is to have it in writing :D

so will the dept form that i have signed as lease of land with entilements stand up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

6480 wrote: »
    so will the dept form that i have signed as lease of land with entilements stand up

I would imagine that it would a lease is a lease. However I have never seen one talk to your solicitor or agriculture advisor. Get a copy and show to owner's brother, and let his solicitor explain why it should be broken.

However in old Reps agreements the department expected you to have a lease agreement to draw down payments so for AEOS it would be the same so there must be a lease in place it may be gone in with your AEOS plan.

Talk to your Planner/Advisor and solicitor the owner brother is trying to bluff as while they can sell with a lease in place it will reflect in the price if someone cannot get access until 2015

One issue was the lease withnessed on the document

Advertisement