Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daphnia

Options
  • 07-05-2012 3:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to establish some daphnia in my pond as i hear they are very effective at clearing the water.

Anybody know where i could source some without neccesarily going to a local ditch?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

You can buy starter packs online, (ebay have a load) You could also try some of the aquarist forums, sometimes keepers have their own stock and will send you a pack to get started

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Degsy wrote: »
    I'm looking to establish some daphnia in my pond as i hear they are very effective at clearing the water.

Anybody know where i could source some without neccesarily going to a local ditch?

If you PM "muckyhands",then she might be able to give you some fresh stuff from her own garden pond???

You can buy a large bag of live Daphnia for 2 euro in Seahorse Aquariams in Balymount.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

paddy147 wrote: »
    You can buy a large bag of live Daphnia for 2 euro in Seahorse Aquariams in Balymount.:)

Chers for that..tried to order online but the postage was prohibitive.

Chers for that..tried to order online but the postage was prohibitive.

You dont live in or close to Dublin then by the sounds of it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

paddy147 wrote: »
    You dont live in or close to Dublin then by the sounds of it?

i live and work in dublin..the postage on a pack from ebay from the states was 22 dollars on a 2,50 transaction so i said screw that. Havnt been able to find a uk company that will deliver either.

i live and work in dublin..the postage on a pack from ebay from the states was 22 dollars on a 2,50 transaction so i said screw that. Havnt been able to find a uk company that will deliver either.

Drop into Seahorse Aquariams in Balymount then.

2 euro for a bag of live Daphnia.

They are open 7 days a week.:)

Advertisement