Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Theses: when, if ever, are they all going online?

Options
  • 07-05-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

A search in Google Books and I can see the names and basic details of plenty of UCD theses. The earliest date for such a thesis that I can find in Google Books is 2000 but a proper search will probably go back beyond that.

Is there any plan to put these theses and others online in full? Are they available online in full at some other location at the moment? Will authors have a say in whether their theses will be published online? Do UCD have plans to put every thesis in the university's history online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    A search in Google Books and I can see the names and basic details of plenty of UCD theses. The earliest date for such a thesis that I can find in Google Books is 2000 but a proper search will probably go back beyond that.

Is there any plan to put these theses and others online in full? Are they available online in full at some other location at the moment? Will authors have a say in whether their theses will be published online? Do UCD have plans to put every thesis in the university's history online?

You can search the catalogue here:
    http://udprism01.ucd.ie/TalisPrism/
    Select Theses from the list 'category'.

http://www.ucd.ie/library/finding_information/our_collections/theses/
    That link suggests all theses are submitted for online viewing.

No idea how much of that is actually indexed by google. I'd imagine not much.

Advertisement