Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N.C.Ds finest

Options
  • 07-05-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Well done to the local lads who helped Dublin win the All-Ireland U/21 Football title on Sunday by beating Roscommon in the final. They all played a major part through the campaign

The 3 Maurs lads done well and Harry Dawsonn from Harps got on the scoresheet. Great impact from Gerry Seaver Ballyboughal who had a great impact on game when introduced and got a vital score also..

Compliments to the great crowd from NCD who went to Tullamore and well done to all the club coachs who have put NCD firmly on the football map

The 3 St. Maurs players Ciaran Reddin Danny Byrne and Luke Fletcher after the match

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]7150164979_ce9cf17a75.jpg[/EMAIL]">

The Dubs line up for National Anthem
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]7150145761_9c4b99d124.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Great stuff especially from Ciaran as he picked up an extremely soft yellow card early on and had to be careful from thereon in. Delighted to see my own clubman Paddy O'Higgins put the disappointment of last year's minor final to make a difference when he came in during the 2nd half. The future is bright, the future is blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

dcr22B wrote: »
    Great stuff especially from Ciaran as he picked up an extremely soft yellow card early on and had to be careful from thereon in. Delighted to see my own clubman Paddy O'Higgins put the disappointment of last year's minor final to make a difference when he came in during the 2nd half. The future is bright, the future is blue!

Paddy a huge impact. He won great ball and used it very well and has a few years left at this grade so hopefully he looks after himself and chooses his games and does not over commit himself.

Ciaran was very unlucky with his yellow but he is a very intelligent player and I think thats why he was left on. Usually they take players off immediatly if they are booked. Funny the other Dub booked in firast half was his club mate Luke Fletcher whom I have never even seen being spoke to by a referee. Anyway cant wait to see the lads back in Maurs where I am sure there will be a party for them.

Future is very bright especially in Blue:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Jack Smith form the Harps was also in the squad and played in the earlier rounds I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

shaungil wrote: »
    Jack Smith form the Harps was also in the squad and played in the earlier rounds I believe.

Sorry for not mentioning Jack. I was very suprised he did not start. He has been very good for Dublin all year. It must have been a tactical switch or an injury that kept him out and from what I have seen of him playing it must have been an injury as he is an excellent defender. Hopefully, if he is still eligable like a good few of the team he will get his day next year.

Of the Fingal NCD lads Danny, Luke, Harry, are eligable next year as are the 2 midfielders used on Sunday. Loads more talent in NCD so hopefully is will encourage more lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

AFAIK Jack is underage next year also as is Alan Cullinane the Harps goalie who was involved in the squad early in the championship.

• Advertisement
Advertisement