Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please review www.allwikilyrics.com

Options
  • 07-05-2012 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello all! I have just launched a new website www.allwikilyrics.com
    The goal for the website to create a database of all lyrics in all languages
    We use wiki engine so there is a same principle to create pages. All can add their favorite artists and lyrics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Assuming English is the main language of the site

"We glad to welcome you" is the first thing I read. There are examples of poor English use throughout the first page.

An idea for you would be to aggregate lyrics from other lyric websites. Obviously English won't be a problem to find. You could offer direct Google translations where available and get people to suggest better translations alongside or to replace the Google one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fokebox

Assuming English is the main language of the site

"We glad to welcome you" is the first thing I read. There are examples of poor English use throughout the first page.

An idea for you would be to aggregate lyrics from other lyric websites. Obviously English won't be a problem to find. You could offer direct Google translations where available and get people to suggest better translations alongside or to replace the Google one.
    Sorry I am not native speaker! Feel free to correct misspelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JD RoX

SEO

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnfoyvision

Fokebox wrote: »
    Hello all! I have just launched a new website www.allwikilyrics.com
    The goal for the website to create a database of all lyrics in all languages
    We use wiki engine so there is a same principle to create pages. All can add their favorite artists and lyrics

Thanks for letting us to know about this website. It has same design like wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fokebox

Hello all! There are some updates:
    1) Now it is possible to add video from youtube to all lyrics page using specific template
    For example http://www.allwikilyrics.com/index.php/Sting_-_Fields_Of_Gold
    Now you can see lyrics watch and listen to the song. I have just started to add videos to some pages that I have already created
    2) I have updated a serach ... if you try to type "Sting" to search bar then there will be a pop up with possible pages of this singer. So you can quckly follow to a page of some singer
    Hope you like it and join this community

• Advertisement
Advertisement