Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champion premium plus from Dogfooddirect

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I love this website, I usually get burns for my dog from them but €110 each time I order it is really kicking my ass as I am a student.

I have been loooking at the champion premium plus range from dogfooddirect and was wondering what kind of leap backwards I would be taking by feeding him this food.

http://dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/products/champion-premium-plus-hypoallergenic-lamb-and-rice-twin-pk-/

To be honest cost wise it depends on the weight of your dog! What are the feeding requirements per day? I was looking into a cheaper alternative to burns a while ago and was looking into skinners field and trial, however when I worked out the cost etc plus I have a thing about beet pulp in foods (I think it gives my dog ear infections). You could get your burns from zooplus and you could save at least €15. (you get 5% discount for orders over 75€.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Have my 2 (lab and shepherd) on champion premium plus the past 5 or 6 weeks. They were on select gold but I can get 30kg of champ premium for the price of 15kg select gold. They both eat the champ premium, haven't noticed any difference in behaviour or energy levels and both are maintaining weight and appearance so all appears to be good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

He gets two cups a day, he's a 30KG Boxer. Was on Arden Grange before but changed to Burns as I wanted to do a bit of an experiment with regards to hyperactivity, there was no difference. I would switch back to Arden Grange but there isn't much of a price difference. Oh and I have ordered from Zooplus before, I didn't have the money to order until I got my grant money and by the time I got it I was nearly out and couldn't wait for the zooplus delivery which takes about a week.

He gets two cups a day, he's a 30KG Boxer. Was on Arden Grange before but changed to Burns as I wanted to do a bit of an experiment with regards to hyperactivity, there was no difference. I would switch back to Arden Grange but there isn't much of a price difference. Oh and I have ordered from Zooplus before, I didn't have the money to order until I got my grant money and by the time I got it I was nearly out and couldn't wait for the zooplus delivery which takes about a week.

The only thing I would be afraid of is if the feeding guidelines are a lot higher than the food will last you less time and could possibly be more expensive in the long run!
    Going by feeding guides you should feed your dog 365g of Arden grange or 300g of
    Burns daily. ( you should be getting 9 days longer out of your burns than Arden grange). I think the best thing to do is ring dog food direct and ask them about feeding guide. I was seriously considering switching from burns to skinners as ingredients are identical but feeding guide was higher (this may be due to the fact it is a working dogs food) but in the end didn't bother although I might look at it again in the future when ordering wormers etc online.

Millem wrote: »
    The only thing I would be afraid of is if the feeding guidelines are a lot higher than the food will last you less time and could possibly be more expensive in the long run!
    Going by feeding guides you should feed your dog 365g of Arden grange or 300g of
    Burns daily. ( you should be getting 9 days longer out of your burns than Arden grange). I think the best thing to do is ring dog food direct and ask them about feeding guide. I was seriously considering switching from burns to skinners as ingredients are identical but feeding guide was higher (this may be due to the fact it is a working dogs food) but in the end didn't bother although I might look at it again in the future when ordering wormers etc online.

He has always gotten 2 cups a day regardless of the brand, his weight has always been maintained and he is pretty much the same all the time. I will get on to DFD and see what the feeding guide is. Thanks.

According to this he would be getting 320g of Premium plus a day.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=220105688092738&set=a.219581574811816.31654.219559764813997&type=3&theater

• Advertisement

He has always gotten 2 cups a day regardless of the brand, his weight has always been maintained and he is pretty much the same all the time. I will get on to DFD and see what the feeding guide is. Thanks.

According to this he would be getting 320g of Premium plus a day.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=220105688092738&set=a.219581574811816.31654.219559764813997&type=3&theater

Happy days so! If you can't do zooplus than go for the champion. The only difference I can see ingredients wise is beet pulp, maize, barley and i think the rice may be white instead of brown. Sure if they agree with your dog then why not!

Happy days so! If you can't do zooplus than go for the champion. The only difference I can see ingredients wise is beet pulp, maize, barley and i think the rice may be white instead of brown. Sure if they agree with your dog then why not!

I will be ordering it so when the burns runs out, have another month or so left so will be ordering then, if he does well on it then happy days, if not then I will be going back to burns or arden grange. I can't get over how good value it is, for what it is, I feel like there has to be a catch somewhere. I suppose we will find out, luckily he isn't fussy though and would eat pretty much anything so I don't have to worry about that. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

dont forget when changing food to do so gradually or your dog could end up with a bad tummy

dont forget when changing food to do so gradually or your dog could end up with a bad tummy

Thank you will do, I will make sure to order a bit before the Burns runs out and then mix them together gradually.

Advertisement