Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 cal morator

Options
  • 07-05-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Just curious to see does anybody here have a 20 cal specific mod? If so do you notice much difference in sound reduction compared to a .22 or .25 cal one, on the lookout for a quality light weight mod for a 204 preferably 20 cal specific but if i cant get my hands on one prob will go for an atec or roedale

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

Gold star for Roedale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Only prob i have with them is they dont make 20 cal specific ones,
    Has anybody here used a DM80, they look good and get great reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

ormondprop wrote: »
    Only prob i have with them is they dont make 20 cal specific ones,
    Has anybody here used a DM80, they look good and get great reviews
    I just bought a dm80 mk3 20 cal moderator for my 204.
    I didnt get a chance to use it yet as my barrel is away getting threaded at the moment. I should have it back at the weekend so I will let you know how it performs.
    I see the sonic 45 moderators are also available in 20 cal.
    You can see them on www.highlandoutdoors.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I'd be very interested in how you find it zeissman, how did you get the mod, do dealers stock them or did you get it shipped in from dave mercer himself

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

ormondprop wrote: »
    I'd be very interested in how you find it zeissman, how did you get the mod, do dealers stock them or did you get it shipped in from dave mercer himself
    I got it direct from dave.
    I got it posted to a mate in the north because he cant post to the republic.
    160 sterling inc postage.
    My mate got a 6.5 cal Atec for his 204 so I will be able to compare them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭td5

I have a D M 80 on my Rem 17 . Its a great mod. and Dave is a real gentleman to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

i have a .25 wildcat pred 8 on my .223 and i dont think it could be nay quieter. I plan on changing the baffle stack to .30 when i get the .308 i think it wont make any difference

Advertisement