Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pfizer job losses in Loughbeg.

Options
  • 07-05-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this plant is still due to close. Haven't heard anything in the news.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

yep i cant remmeber now is it the end of this month or the following. they have beenr taken over as such as far as I know they are just wanting to finilise things

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Taken over? Does that mean the jobs will be retained.

I don't think the one due to close has been sold or taken over, it may be in the future but nothing to date. The one next door was taken over a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

regress wrote: »
    Anyone know if this plant is still due to close. Haven't heard anything in the news.

There were two facilities in Loughbeg. One was sold to Hovione about 3 years ago. The remaining facility is scheduled to leave Pfizer (shut or sell) in September.

This was flagged over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

ianobrien wrote: »
    There were two facilities in Loughbeg. One was sold to Hovione about 3 years ago. The remaining facility is scheduled to leave Pfizer (shut or sell) in September.

This was flagged over a year ago.

News to me. So is Loughbeg now staying open with no job losses till Sept. The date that was" flagged" over a year ago was May.

• Advertisement

regress wrote: »
    News to me. So is Loughbeg now staying open with no job losses till Sept. The date that was" flagged" over a year ago was May.

There already has been a number who have taken redundancy packages, I know one chap who got his 6 months ago ish.

Advertisement