Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overseas Warranty Buying a Macbook Pro in the States

• 07-05-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I am going visiting my girlfriend in the states in July, and while I am there I will be planning to spend money on a Macbook pro. I am not sure if i will get this or not and am still exploring my options. I am just wondering if there is any way I can get overseas warranty for this and how much it will cost?

P.S Have absolutely no idea about Apple and am a complete newcomer to the brand, any information is welcome:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Warranty is universal. Doesn't matter where you buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

I bought mine in NY last year and got the charger replaced as it was cracked with an Irish one without issue in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Just remember, buying electronic goods in Ireland you are protected by additional consumer laws. Also rememeber you will have sales tax to pay depending on the state you buy in, unless you get it shipped to you Gfs house. The 1 year warranty on Apple's items is worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

Just remember, buying electronic goods in Ireland you are protected by additional consumer laws. Also rememeber you will have sales tax to pay depending on the state you buy in, unless you get it shipped to you Gfs house. The 1 year warranty on Apple's items is worldwide.

What additional comsumer laws are you talking about?I am not sure what these are?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

jonnygiles wrote: »

What additional comsumer laws are you talking about?I am not sure what these are?
    Irish Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Also rememeber you will have sales tax to pay depending on the state you buy in, unless you get it shipped to you Gfs house.

Depending on what state he's going to there he may not have to pay sales tax or else a quick spin down the road if he's in Baltimore/Washington/Philly to Delaware could be financially productive. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

Like other posters have said the warranty is world wide. Bought mine in Vegas last year and paid 8.1% tax which is the maximum federal and state tax you will pay. Personally having done it i would certainly recommend. I got the 13 inch i7 for the price of the i5 in Ireland. RAM is also pretty cheap over there and really easy to install yourself.

Advertisement