Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 plahc

Thumby wrote: »
    @plahc
    Don't be stressing about having difficulty embracing the bump. Alot of ppl never can during pregnancy but it doesn't change their bond with babs. If it makes you feel any better i completely resented my bump up until recently. Both myself and my OH had alot of difficulty accepting the fact that i was pregnant and my bump was just a massive reminder of it (started showing straight away, not my first pregnancy and i'm teeny tiny). I couldn't even stomach seeing myself in the mirror and cried everytime i couldn't fit into yet another piece of clothing.

Thats exactly how i feel thumby. We had been trying to conceive for 2 years but since jan of this yr i had list 3 and a half stone including finally shedding d baby weight of ds. After 12 weeks i just ballooned and do feel a little bit resentful of the bump cos i worked rly hard to lose the weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

plahc wrote: »
    Thats exactly how i feel thumby. We had been trying to conceive for 2 years but since jan of this yr i had list 3 and a half stone including finally shedding d baby weight of ds. After 12 weeks i just ballooned and do feel a little bit resentful of the bump cos i worked rly hard to lose the weight.

It's perfectly natural to feel like that once ya lose all the weight from previous pregnancy(ies) and then start to put it back on again. I have struggled with my weight the last six years ( i was fifteen and a half stone 5.5 years ago, i'm only 4'9) I got down to about nine and a half when i fell pregnant just over 3 years ago. Thankfully I only gained a stone and a half that time because i was overweight for my build then. I didn't go any larger than a size 16 in maternity clothes by the time i had her and i'm already in a 16 now. Ironic thing is i was in a size 8 for the first time in years for my bday in may, a week and a half later I got pregnant.
    Sorry didn't mean to waffle on, the point i was trying to make is i understand exactly where you are coming from with the weight thing, but at the same time try not to stress to much over it as you will (if you're anything like me) only end up "stress/comfort eating" and gaining more than you need to.
    Not trying to sound rude but have ya put on much weight? Is it all just bump & boobs or have you actually gained weight yourself?

I think ive gained a little weight also cos of comfort eating, but my boobs have almost doubled and bump very sticking out and my bum feels bigger too :(

Get them to check your weight at your next appointment against your last weigh in hun, and if you're happy with the amount gained maybe talk to the nutritionist about what to eat that is high in the stuff you need atm while at the same time letting you keep control over your actual weight gain.

In the mean time, I don't know if this is an option for you (if you work full time etc and would have the extra time) but when making dinner try making things from scratch (sauces, fillings etc); i've found that to be not only healthier but it gives me fierce control over my weight as well. Now i was by no means a skinny-malinx, but I was happy with my size pre-pregnancy, and even now I myself havent' put on that much weight, except according to my OH in my behind, the boobs and bump too, but they are literlally just pure out and out bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I totally agree with Thumby. Plahc it is perfectly normal not to enjoy the change in body image that comes along with pregnancy. That doesnt mean you arent thrilled that you are going to be a mummy again.

Lets face it ladies, pregnancy is tough. Your whole body changes, hormones are flying around the place, and like you Plahc ive never been one to like being the centre of attension or stick out from the crowd which is hard when you have a big belly and have the grace of a baby elephant learning how to walk. I think its very normal to feel all these things but be very happy to be becoming a mum again. Plenty of women have said to me they would have more kids if they didnt have to do the pregnancy thing.

And Plahc, you lost the weight once, you will do it again, and with two boys to run around after so they dont get into too much mischief together ;)

• Advertisement

Princessa wrote: »
    And Plahc, you lost the weight once, you will do it again, and with two boys to run around after so they dont get into too much mischief together ;)

Exactly Princessa, you're bang on about how havin more to run around after will help the weight disappear.
    @Plahc, you're not on your own hun when it comes to the weight thing, I currently look like a house with legs lol.
    But the thing ya need to remember is ya won't be on your own when it comes to losing the weight either, we're all going to have some that we will more than likely want to lose after babs gets here (me for definite anyway) we're sharing the pregnancies now etc no reason we cant do the same when it comes to pre-natal stuff as well in some things, eg gettin rid of the bits we don't want after wards. :D

Thank you all for understanding girls. Really dont feel alien anymore now about it. The lack of sleeping thing still happenin 50% of the week but the full nights the rest of the time is seeing me through. Time ticking away on this pregnancy Im not even noticing it. 23 weeks today and it feels lik only a month since i found out. Had a good laugh last night, my friend who is a midwife got married last april, calculated my dates and triggered we conceived at her wedding, she made a big joke about it in the thank you car which i stupidly opened infront of my inlaws. Everyone got a good laugh off of it.

No you are certainly not alone plahc, dont worry. i dont think theres many of us that arent insecure about our bodies changing....

Ha ha ha thats brilliant about the card and the babys conception. Trust the midwife to figure that out and embarrass ya. :D

I saw every hour on the clock last night ladies. I had physio and she decided to try "Fix" me... i was in tears for most of the night. To top things off the little one has a little bug running through her and is feeling misreable for herself. Im hoping we will just have a cartoon day and rest up, hopefully she be feeling better tomorrow... and me too. I feel worse, than ii did before i went to physio yesterday :(

Anyways hope ye are enjoying the weekend. Anybody any exciting plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi everyone,

Phalc know how you feel, i lost two stone before i got pregnant and now showing its hard to adapt!!

Im just back from doing a bootsale- had a clear out all ready for the new arrival!

I had great appetite from week 14 - 19 but these last two weeks have totally lost my appetite!! Not sure if its from my tooth absess a couple od weeks back or tooth extraction last week! Gum still soar and not sleeping great either!!

So im not sure if i just felt my first kick??? Just layng here watching telly and i felt like a bubble bursting lower down.... Would that be it??? I know some people describe it as butterflies, others as wind. Im 21 weeks now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gravid

Hi Nicky987, id say its the baby kicking that ur feeling! Im 21weeks now as well and I agree that "bubble" is a good description of how it feels. I feel bubbles usually around lunch time and then again at night, but not very regularly yet. My husband hasnt been able to feel the kicks yet tho, but the other day the baby kicked very hard one time and I could even see it! Very exciting, although i have been told that the excitement will wear off as the kicks get stronger further on in the pregnancy ;-)

I seriously need to buy some maternity clothes now, can anyone recommend where to look (the budget is fairly tight so nothing fancy)?

• Advertisement

gravid wrote: »
    Hi Nicky987, id say its the baby kicking that ur feeling! Im 21weeks now as well and I agree that "bubble" is a good description of how it feels. I feel bubbles usually around lunch time and then again at night, but not very regularly yet. My husband hasnt been able to feel the kicks yet tho, but the other day the baby kicked very hard one time and I could even see it! Very exciting, although i have been told that the excitement will wear off as the kicks get stronger further on in the pregnancy ;-)

I seriously need to buy some maternity clothes now, can anyone recommend where to look (the budget is fairly tight so nothing fancy)?

Yup, that def sound like kicks to me :D delighted ye can both feel them now girls.
    Gravid, try H&M for maternity. I've gotten some lovely jeans and casual trousers (all over the bump) for under 30 euro each and I just hit pennys up for tops at the min. Oh I also got a fabulous little black dress from Debenhams the other week in the sale as well. Great thing about the dress is it's wraparound style (without actually separating) and grows with the bump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Have only bought a few bits of maternity clothes. Got a few dresses, legging and stretchy jeans in New Look. Other than that it seems nearly impossible to find cheapo maternity stuff. My OH treated me to a dress from Red Herring maternity though :)

Is anyone else suffering from heartburn? I'm crippled with it. Going through about a bottle of gaviscon a week, though I did have problems with my stomach before I was pregnant.

Gravid, i bought a dark casual pair of maternity jeans on next online, they were 38e but they are soooo comfy. I got a light skinny jean type maternity pair online from H&M and they were reduced to 12e. Thats all that i have in the lines of maternity pants, as i am getting away with leggings and linen pants from penneys and tracksuits in a size 12 for my physio days. I have no maternity tops as size 12 in penneys are fitting me. But i would recommend, H&M, newlook and next online. If you have a few pairs of pants that you like and are comfy you can make loads of outfits from cheap tops from Penneys etc.

Tigerton, i am not as bad as that, but i do get heartburn every night, actually have it now as i type. Only had it once in my last pregnancy and that was right near the end. Have it loads now it feels... Hairy babies maybe? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

If heartburn is a sign of a hairy baby im going to give birth to a yeti :D

Tigerton wrote: »
    If heartburn is a sign of a hairy baby im going to give birth to a yeti :D

:D:D:D:D I was going to say there teddy bears in there Tigerton, but yeti works for me too. I feel like a dragon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Tiverton, I had severe heartburn on my first two (both boys) and this time I seem to be ok so far fingers x!! But I am still suffering with the morning sickness :-( it is just totally draining me, I now refuse to eat out anywhere when we do go out because it is only endin up down the toilet. Himself is delighted with this calling me his new cheap date lol (can't drink won't eat ha ha). My two lil men are now daily asking so many questions about what baby looks like and can baby hear them talking?? So I am 20 weeks today woohoo :-) just at the half way mark.
    Does anyone have any little pet hates while pregnant so far?? Mine is at train stations & in public people smoking the smell is makin me gag it just vile. I am an ex smoker but my god I don't know how I am controlling my temper when their smoke blows my direction, I am sure within the next few days I will blow a fuse over it :-/ I have my hospital scan on 21st sept & really just can't wait to find out what the sex is...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Tiverton, I had severe heartburn on my first two (both boys) and this time I seem to be ok so far fingers x!! But I am still suffering with the morning sickness :-( it is just totally draining me, I now refuse to eat out anywhere when we do go out because it is only endin up down the toilet. Himself is delighted with this calling me his new cheap date lol (can't drink won't eat ha ha). My two lil men are now daily asking so many questions about what baby looks like and can baby hear them talking?? So I am 20 weeks today woohoo :-) just at the half way mark.
    Does anyone have any little pet hates while pregnant so far?? Mine is at train stations & in public people smoking the smell is makin me gag it just vile. I am an ex smoker but my god I don't know how I am controlling my temper when their smoke blows my direction, I am sure within the next few days I will blow a fuse over it :-/ I have my hospital scan on 21st sept & really just can't wait to find out what the sex is...

Sorry to hear that you still have morning sickness Meshel, i had it until about 18 weeks on my first pregnancy, byt fortunatly it was gone by 13-14 weeks this time. Its just awful.

Oh its not long and you will be able to know if its three little men or two men and a little lady :D.

Thats really cute that they are talking about the baby together. My daughter just randomly comes up and touches my belly, gives me an ole rub and i think that is cute out.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

Hey everyone, i'm 20 weeks today :D

Does anyone else have pain in their tummy? Just above the belly button :(

Nicky30 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, i'm 20 weeks today :D

Does anyone else have pain in their tummy? Just above the belly button :(

Half way there already Nicky30, when your scan? Im 24 weeks tomorrow, only a month and il be in my last trimester :D

What kind of pain Nicky30? Stretching pain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

A sharp pain, no bleeding tho. Going to Gp on thursday he can listen to the heartbeat.

Have the Anomaly Scan next monday. No way would i wait until 28 weeks for a scan with this pain :(

Thats probably for the best Nicky30 that you have your GP and your scan soon. The thing that i did learn in my first pregnancy though was sometimes you just have pain and they tell you "Oh its all part of the process" :rolleyes:.
    On my daughter i had terrible rib pain, they checked me for gallstones but it was just part of the pregnancy, they doctor was very matter of fact... "well you are carrying a baby, did you not expect to be uncomfortable?" :rolleyes:

Other than the pain, i hope you are enjoying your pregnancy, all the bumps must be coming along nicely. Im 24 weeks today and i have the same bump now as i did when i was at least 30 weeks on my daughter... :eek: Oh well least i know baby is growing and making loads of space in there, stretching my tummy out and out by the day. :D

Nicky30 besy get checked out although they say most things are bormal in pregnancy.

Have our big scan on mon..... Excited and nervouse all at once!

Hows everyone else getting on? Am 22weeks now and feeling all tired again!

Evening ladies :-)

How be everyone? I've been a bit quite lately (was sick as a dog the last couple of weeks) and there's too many pages to catch up on lol.
    Had my appointemnt with the consultant today, everything is grand, fixed my date at 21st of feb, but are still expecting to induce me at the end of jan :D

Anyhow hope ye all are doin ok and enjoy your weekends.

Thats great Thumby i am delighted that they fixed your dates as you were a bit nervous about it. Hope you are feeling better now too.

Me and the little one are off to her cousins first birthday party today, so she is very excited about it. Dont have many other exciting plans for the weekend i must admit.

I have loads of baby realated things that i want to do next week on one of the other halfs days off :D:D:D.

We ordered the hard carry cot for our buggy over a month ago and i rang the girl yesterday as she said she would ring me just so i knew it was in after two weeks.... nothing from her.
    On the phone yesterday she was like "Oh yeah we ordered two of those hard carrycots and both of them went to some other womans house we are waiting for her to send one back to the shop, thats your one, let me get back to you later today."
    Heard nothing from her yesterday again and i dont want a carrycot that some woman i dont know has thrown somewhere in her house.
    Also we ordered the carrycot on a thursday and the following day she started a 20% of everything sale and didnt tell us about it, so the Other Half is less than impressed with them and wants to go elsewhere and just order the carrycot and get the new mattresses and stuff like that from one shop. I want to do it next week :D.

Even want to start my christmas shopping soon ladies. Although i know loads of people that have a large portion of there shopping done already...

How is everybody getting on, the weeks are just zooming by, il be 25 weeks on tuesday... That means only three weeks left for this whole trimester. Scary stuff! Will really have to get my bum into gear. I want to have everything sorted by 32 weeks, so that i dont have to get anything in, just maybe pick up a few nappies in the weekly shop from that point. Plan on having the bag packed by 32 weeks aswell.

Have a little emergency bag packed just incase, hopefully i wont need it, i never had an emergency bag ready to go on my last pregnancy and i needed one a few times so reverse psychology im hoping :D

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Nicky30 besy get checked out although they say most things are bormal in pregnancy.

Have our big scan on mon..... Excited and nervouse all at once!

Hows everyone else getting on? Am 22weeks now and feeling all tired again!

Ooooh good luck with your scan Nicky987. Im back to the hospital in a month and im hoping they give me another little scan even though they said the may not until my 34 week appointment.

Thumby I hope your feeling better after your rough few weeks.

Princessaa hopefully you will get another little scan always great to see them again. It still doesn't feel real to me!! I'm 22 weeks on tues and this will be my fourth scan! We had trouble concieveing so was scanned at 8 weeks then again at 13 weeks at booking appt and then had a cheeky private gender scan at 19 weeks. Keep saying next time I see her it will feel real but still doesn't. I think it's because we waited 2+ years for this. Slowly getting a few bits but literally only a handful of baby grows. However got the car seat as we got a good deal. Maxi cost cabrio mother care priced matched and then the man let me use a €10 of code also as good gesture. If anyone wants it actually is €10 off when you spend €50 online at mothercare: loyalty10

It's frightening when you think about everything you need. Planning to head to alidi on thrus for there baby event and hopefully pick up a few bits and brought a snow suit today in m & s (20% off)

Like you I'm gonna try and make a start on Xmas shopping- family all in UK and have visitors in November who are coming by ferry so plan to give them all my gifts to take home with them! Scary when you think only 4 pay cheques left!!!

Feeling extremely tired today so gonna chill tonight with a bit of x factor and chocolate while OH watches the rugby!!

Any good offers about that people have seen???
    Or any good advice on anything????

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Thumby I hope your feeling better after your rough few weeks.

Princessaa hopefully you will get another little scan always great to see them again. It still doesn't feel real to me!! I'm 22 weeks on tues and this will be my fourth scan! We had trouble concieveing so was scanned at 8 weeks then again at 13 weeks at booking appt and then had a cheeky private gender scan at 19 weeks. Keep saying next time I see her it will feel real but still doesn't. I think it's because we waited 2+ years for this. Slowly getting a few bits but literally only a handful of baby grows. However got the car seat as we got a good deal. Maxi cost cabrio mother care priced matched and then the man let me use a €10 of code also as good gesture. If anyone wants it actually is €10 off when you spend €50 online at mothercare: loyalty10

It's frightening when you think about everything you need. Planning to head to alidi on thrus for there baby event and hopefully pick up a few bits and brought a snow suit today in m & s (20% off)

Like you I'm gonna try and make a start on Xmas shopping- family all in UK and have visitors in November who are coming by ferry so plan to give them all my gifts to take home with them! Scary when you think only 4 pay cheques left!!!

Feeling extremely tired today so gonna chill tonight with a bit of x factor and chocolate while OH watches the rugby!!

Any good offers about that people have seen???
    Or any good advice on anything????

Evening ladies,

I'm feweling alot better, my temp broke on thursday thankfully so now i'm just left with a nasty cough, (my OH thought I was i was dying on him last night in bed,he';s a deep sleeper so I was shocked I woke him up) and the stuffed up head.

I'm delighted I finally have proper dates now, even though it only puts me at 17weeks plus 2, but sure they're expecting me to deliver at around the 36 week mark anyway. Babs is massive, already measuring nearly 19 weeks :eek:
    They are refusing to section me but have booked me in for may for T.L :D
    I went down to himself last night where I was spoiled rotten so tonight i'm gonna be curled up on the couch with my 2 boys, bucket loads of toffy pops and tea and Dr.Who :D Other than that it's just getting uniforms ready for kiddies for school on Monday morning.

I haven't seen any special offers on the last couple of weeks, I was hermit like while sick but H&M always seem to have gret prices when it comes to newborn etc clothes, special outfit wise that is. Other than that I'd recommend Tesco. I've always found the baby clothes to be great quality and extremely reasonable too.

Tell ye lovely ladies what, which ever one of ye finishes their xmas shoppin soon can do mine for me lol, i've just got way to many birthdays between now and xmas, :eek:

Thumby wrote: »
    They are refusing to section me but have booked me in for may for T.L :D

Eeeeeck i am so nervous about talking to the consultant about sections. Id love to have another natural labour and im thinking it will prob be forced on me anyways. I am honestly terrified as it literally causes me agony to open my legs now and baby is only tiny - still on the crutches and the belt aswell 8 weeks now :(. I cant imagine what it will be like when baby is 6,7,8 pounds and carrying that pressure down in my pelvis.

You had a fairly stong arguement and medical history for a section too Thumby.

Ooooh i must try get into Aldi so on thursday too. I havent seen many offers around either.

Ah Nicky987, i was the same on our first, i had unexplained bleeding throughout the entire pregnancy so i had loads of scans. Ive had three scans this time, my book in one, when i injured myself and ended up in hospital and my 21 week one its so lovely seeing them grow in there.

• Advertisement

Princessa wrote: »
    Eeeeeck i am so nervous about talking to the consultant about sections. Id love to have another natural labour and im thinking it will prob be forced on me anyways. I am honestly terrified as it literally causes me agony to open my legs now and baby is only tiny - still on the crutches and the belt aswell 8 weeks now :(. I cant imagine what it will be like when baby is 6,7,8 pounds and carrying that pressure down in my pelvis.

You had a fairly stong arguement and medical history for a section too Thumby.

Ooooh i must try get into Aldi so on thursday too. I havent seen many offers around either.

Ah Nicky987, i was the same on our first, i had unexplained bleeding throughout the entire pregnancy so i had loads of scans. Ive had three scans this time, my book in one, when i injured myself and ended up in hospital and my 21 week one its so lovely seeing them grow in there.

Ah hell Princessa that's horrible, unless they let you labour naturally and then if needed give you a last min section???? You of course takin all the meds on offer lol. I have to say the epidural works wonders sometimes, it didn't really take on my first labour (even the top ups wore off, but that was an 18 hour labour); on my last one however i gave in and got it an hour before she was born and i actually had to be woken up to push, I couldn't feel a thing it was brilliant.

I don't really mind not having a section as i wanted to labour naturally, i just prefer it that way but medically I thought I'd be better off going for the section, both the midwife and the doc I seen on Friday said it was the best thing for me but then the consultant put the kybosh on it.

Advertisement