Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

Got my 21 week scan today, baby looks grand and healthy, said my placenta was lying low :confused:

It's a girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

I had my scan as well today. All looks ok but has put my dates back by five days so now due 27th jan so making me just 21 weeks.

Scan pictures arent great to be honest which ia a disapointment!

I think a low placenta can cause problems.in labour, more likely to bleed i think so they will prob re scan you later on as it can still move upwards.

Feeling low today. Saw every hour of the clock last night. I have another tooth playing up now so just not sleeping. I should be happy, we saw our princess but im just sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Nicky30 wrote: »
    Got my 21 week scan today, baby looks grand and healthy, said my placenta was lying low :confused:

It's a girl :D
    Nicky987 wrote: »
    I had my scan as well today. All looks ok but has put my dates back by five days so now due 27th jan so making me just 21 weeks.

Scan pictures arent great to be honest which ia a disapointment!

Hi Nicky, my placenta is low too, its nothing to worry about, its apparently common at this stage. Ive said it to a few people and they said "Oh mine was low too and it moved". They are rescanning me at 34weeks to check the location. If its still low or even below baby blocking the exit, its a section at 37 weeks. But dont worry, still loads of growing to come ive been told and it could very easily make its way up higher that the baby. My little one was lying one the placenta throughout the scan, ha using it as its own little pillow. I must say ladies there are a good few of ye having little ladies - congrats Nicky30.

Oh that is sooooo annoying Nicky987, you get used to counting down the weeks and days and to be set back a week is a little frustrating to say the least. On my first pregnancy they changed my dates from the 18th to the 28th and then i went 7 days over on top of that so i felt like uuuuuuuuh i am never going to have this baby. But not to worry, maybe they will scan you at next apt and baby will be bigger for dates and they will change you back.

Thats what I'm dreading princess's going late too and that would take me into a whole new month!! Ah well never mind just will change my maternity dates and everything at work. As long as everything is fine that's all that matters. It still doesn't feel real-friends say I will get a big shock in Jan!!

Gonna head to Aldiss tomo see if I can pick up a few bits. Have a wedding as well this weekend-won't be the same as my usual wedding events but sure it will be nice!! Doubt I will still be there in residents bar at 4am!!!

How's everyone else getting on? I'm feeling little one move slightly more :-)

I can feel the little kicks too ;)

I thought i would be 28 weeks when the maternity would do the next scan but i will be 31 weeks :eek:

Just as well i got the private scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Sleeping Beauty

Sorry ladies I didn't reply for ages - went on hols for a week. I think Americans call it babymoon :) so stayed laptop and cell -free. Was good. But really need to shrink my stomach after all the lovely food.
    Also discovered that COS are great for covering bump - most of their stuff are made as if for pregnant ladies. Not a fan of maternity sections - they freak me out for some reason.
    How's everyone doing apart from heartburn?

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Gonna head to Aldiss tomo see if I can pick up a few bits.
    Nicky30 wrote: »
    I can feel the little kicks too ;)

I thought i would be 28 weeks when the maternity would do the next scan but i will be 31 weeks :eek:.
    But really need to shrink my stomach after all the lovely food.

Did you pick up anything nice Nicky987? I totally forgot about it so i might pop over in the morning, hopefully there will be a few bits left.

Nicky30 i think i will be 34 weeks by the time they do another scan, going to ask at the 28 weeks scan and see will they anyways, no harm in asking. :D

Sleeping Beauty, there will be no shrinking tummies from here on, they will just be getting bigger and rounder for the winter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Had my scan today & it was amazing seeing how big and more developed baba is. Himself was working today so I brought my nanny with me & she was super happy :-) asked what baba was and it's a BOY :-) yep I will now have 3 boys, tiny bit disappointed when I was told but that vanished within 5 secs. All looks perfect so couldn't be happier!! Then went and did a little shopping, wel little isn't a great discreption. I got mattress, changing mat, bottles, baby grows & a few outfits Ohhh and decided on the buggy I want. Decided to go with the bugaboo in the end and put a deposit on it. Feel so much happier now that I know and can start planning everything. Himself was delighted when I told him I will never have a majority in the house now :-(
    Himself is gone out for the night and I am curled up on the couch catching up on the soaps. Think I may even have a little glass of white wine.
    How's everyone else keeping?

Congrats on the little boy Meshel. I am sure that you have plenty of blues anyways seems the little guy has two big brothers. Delighted everything looks good and you are happy and healthy. Oh you did a good bit of shopping allright. Im sure once you were cooing over all the little boy outfits again that the idea of having a girl was well pushed out :D.

Does anybody know where you can get a cheap changing mat? I still have a few things left on my list, changing mat, mattress, bath, moses basket mattress, nappy bag, order carry cot for pram, sheets, few more blankets and then all the nappies etc. Ha maybe i should write all these down and tick them off soon. :D

Princessa got a few bits in aldis like muslin cloths etc not a big range to be honest!

Got a few good bits in next sale today tho.

So had my first sober wedding yesterday and to be honest wasnt too bad amd even made it to the small hours of the morning! Dis help that my friend is preggers too!

Let us know about changing mats... We need one for downstairs too. Need to start getting bigger things like blankets sheets etc... Any good place suggestions??

Hows everyone getting on??

• Advertisement

Guineys is very good for sheets, they do wrap ones for about 2.50 a sheet or they do thicker sheets two for 6 euro. The do lots of blankets etc too, cellular, fleece, decorative.

I will most certainly keep you informed if i pick up a cheap changing mat.

I am absolutely shattered ladies, made cupcakes with the little one today. She literally had flour all over the kitchen so it was loads of fun cleaning it all up. All the washing done and put away. Finished dinner now - still a bit left to wash up from dinner and cupcake making but if i honestly didnt have the little one i would go to bed, i am just shattered.
    Tea and tv for me for the night once i get herself to bed in the next 45 mins.

Hows everybody else feeling?

The heartburn is a killer, using peppermint Gaviscon.

The pain is gone too, thank god.

I haven't started buying anything yet. Might buy something this week :)

The pram, basket and cot seem to be the biggest things to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sleeping Beauty

Meshel, congratulations on the baby boy!
    Princessa, someone in the bag thread above wrote that you can pick up a changing mat in Tescos for a couple euros and they do the trick.
    And everyone with heartburn - it's such a baddie, isn't it? My GP told me that I can take up to 6 Gaviskons a day so I live on them
    Any bargains from Aldi, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Hey ladies :-) sorry i've been mia lately, finally managed to get over a horrible bout of flu then got hammered by migraine for a week. The joys huh :-D
    So how is everyone doing today?

Hi sleeping beauty, just picked up some muslin cloths in aldis.

Thumby, you poor thing. Its one thing after another isnt it?? Hope the migraines have settled now, ypu sure got your fair share of them!

Im doing ok now that my wisdom.tooth has gone! Finally getting a bit of sleep! I do shift work and when on nights get nauseated and headaches.... trying to just deal with them. Only 22 weeks and dont wanna give them uo too early... Its nice to get away from the day time politics at times!

@nicky987
    Oh stop i know, for some reason everything just hits me all at once, particularly when i'm pregnant. But sure feck it could be alot worse. I did get some good news in the hospital yesterday though. My bile salt levels are coming in under the cut of point of 6 (4.2) atm so my itching hasn't developed into full blown cholestasis (yet) thankfully and my consultant is seeing me again in two and a half weeks to set up a schedule for testing and monitoring as well. hopefully we'll get to see babs again and maybe find out the sex. If not i've my anomaly scan the following wed :-D so happy days.
    I'd say you're delighted you got rid of that damned tooth, there's nothing worse. Hell i'd rather go through a week of med free labour than have a toothache for even an hour. Oh have you tried Ritz crackers for the (not so) morning sickness. And when ya need the sugar boost on night shift try them with a bit of chocolate philly.

Thumby thats great news with your levels & fingers crossed you get to see your little bean again!

Yes i live on the crackers at night :-) one more to go thankfully theb back to normal days for the weekend.

Delighted tooth is gone- toothache is the worse pain! It feels like heaven no pain now.... Happy days :-)

@nicky987
    If my levels stay like this the rest of my pregnancy i'll be grand, if they rise the itching will have me checking myself into the nearest psyche ward for the duration! I'd say you can't wait for your maternity leave to start no more shift work lol.
    How's everyone else this miserable morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

What really brighted up my morning was booking my holidays and maternity leave :) so I'm off work 4 weeks before due date:) happy days.
    I hope you are well

Nice one miss aggie, sounds like you can't wait. :-)

• Advertisement

Hi ladies, how is everybody feeling? It is bloody misreable outside.

I have my physio tomorrow, i havent had it in over two weeeks as she went on holidays. Last time i was there she was trying to manually manipualte this and press on that and i couldnt move for two days. I am absolutely terrified to say the least going in tomorrow cause i tried to do a bit of walking mon and im very sore since. Plus, the OH is working and one nanny is in Sweden on Holidays and the other Nanny lives in Spain so if i am in agony after physio i will have to try keep up with my nearly 3 year old. Fingers crossed for me that its just excercises and no going at me...:confused:

My pregnancy app tells me i have 97 days to go. I am 26+1 now. Cant wait for my hospital appointment on the 16th, im hoping i might convince them to give me a sneaky scan even though they said i prob wont be scanned until 34 weeks.

THUMBY: Thats good news about your levels, i couldnt even imagine what its like to have a constant itch, id say its just dreadful. Fingers crossed for you now that it doesnt get too high. How is your fluid intake? That might help you with the migranes or write a list of what you eat and drink everyday and see if there is a common trigger for the migranes like tea or if you had cheese on the days you get migranes.

@princessa let your physio know you're on your own with your little girl at the min so ya need her to take it easy tomorrow. In a way i'm delighted with my results, as in its not affecting babs etc, but i'm dreading them rising and the itch getting worse. Monday night i had my eldest scratching my back, my 8 year old my arms and i was scratching my legs all at the same time!

Oh you poor thing thumby, i know its related to the bile levels but do you find any lotions soothing or anything for the itch?

Freezing cold showers are great when i'm in them but thats about it really. I'm trying to keep late night eating down to a min though. The itching is worse at night so i figure eating late at night won't help either.

Princessa, what pregnancy app do you have? I think i need one.... Cant wait to finish work!

Its a great feeling handing in mat leave form. Isnt it?? Ive put mine in- end two weeks before and with a bit of unpaid leave and a bit of annual leave il have 8 months off. Not enough i dont think but still better than 6!

I really like "I'm expecting" app, i have a few on the phone but i like that the best. You can track weight, your symptoms and it gives you whats going on in your body and whats going on for the baby for that week. "Baby bump" is a pretty good app too.

Def going to tell physio to go easy on me tomorrow Thumby as i just wont be able to keep up with her, you would be surprised how often you have to bend up and down with a toddler ha ha.

Good ish news. Physio said that my pelvis is alligned. The muscles are still very tense in that area so they are still pulling on the pelvis which could be causing me some pain, so i have excercises to try relax those muscles, but i have to strenghten the core muscle that runs across the pelvis.

No more physio therapy until hopefully after the baby. Have to give her a ring if i need her or if the pressure of the growing baby starts to affect my mobility to the point where im not managing to move about .Been going to physio for 10 weeks nearly now so i have to continue with all the excercises i have been taught as there is basically not much else they can do as im just 26 weeks.

Best news ive had in ten weeks. Im still sore and restricted mobility wise as i get sore very fast when walking etc but hey at least i am not in and out to her every week and at least she wont be trying any more manually manipulating me.

Ah princessa, delighted for you! Hope the next 14 weeks are managable for you!

Thanks so much Nicky987. I think if i am struggling i am going to ask to be induced at 37 weeks, that might go down like a lead baloon with them though.

I woke up this morning and had red blood in my panties, so i gave the midwife a ring to see would i go to the gp for a doppler or what. Explained i had no pains, fetal movements and had unexplained bleeding on my first. She said dont waste my time, as gp would just refer me out for a scan anyways.

So out i went, they did a trace of the baby, loads of movements as id said on the phone. Waited hours for the Doc "To do a scan as the placenta is low". Doc felt my tummy a bit, didnt ask me anything like if id had sex (which i hadnt) but assumed id be ask to try find the cause of the bleed, didnt check the vagina, didnt check or even ask if i had hemorrhoids (i dont but i felt it would have been important), no scan. Just Oh its prob just spotting, you live 15 mins from the hospital, come back if you have any more or pain.

I didnt want to go out to the bloody hospital, but the midwife on the phone was oh come out get scanned. Over 4 hours and all they did was a bloody trace and felt my tummy for contractions then sent me home. I wasnt even offered a glass of water. Now to be fair to them they were all very nice out there, very friendly. I just think it was pointless bringing me out if they werent going to ask me anything about the bleed, my GP could have done a doppler in 5 mins. Anyways rant over. Im home now and resting up watching cartoons with the little one.

• Advertisement

Ah princessa thats a horrible experience. I can totally see where your coming from, jist making assumptions and not even asking. Hopefully the bleeding has calmed down, most of been a bit of fright for you. Rest up!

Advertisement