Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Tigerton wrote: »
    I'm the same the the eating. I'm a food Hoover!

Yay for the food hoovers. You wont get any nice food in a hospital Tigerton. Tea and toast is all i every eat in there, unless somebody brings me a nice expensive sandwhich from the cafes downstairs
    :D.

I hope now you will be as right as rain soon. Hopefully they will leave you home in the morning and just have your GP keep a closer eye on the blood pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭petalgumdrops

Im more eating chocolate all the time.. :) The tiredness has finally caught me.. went to bed today after work with my lil girl. we had a 2 hour nap it felt great..

Havent really ahd a look at the Ikea baby stuff but will take a look out some day now that yas are all mentioning it..

Hopefully u will get home 2moro tigerton.. I remember being in the hospital at 30 weeks last time and being along with women who were in pre labour - its a shock to the system!!Thankfully i had a pleasant labour and birth :)

Yeah it can be a bit scary. I was put in a room with 3 other women when i was waiting to be induced. 2 of them were screaming their heads off and i was totally freaked out. The midwife told me that one wasnt even in labour and the other one i was further dialated than her so to relax i was 3-4cm at that stage and further along than both of them. Helped calm me down but i ran over to the labour ward when they had a space for me to get my waters broke. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Tigerton hope you're feeling better and get home soon.
    Girls yer not the only ones eating everything around ye. I wanted A bowl of special k last night, ate the full box! (it wasn't the small box either). On the plus side my results came back and they are still in the "normal" range. We're happy out about that unfortunately they won't treat the itch until the level goes over. *sigh* no more wearing dresses for a while lol.
    Have my consultant app next friday and my anomaly scan the following week. Gonna see if i can rearrange the scan for the same day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

I'm home! Thankfully they let me out. Iv to rest for a week and see my gp next week and then back to the rotunda at the end of next week. So glad to be out of there before anyone else went into labour....don't want all the surprises of labour ruined before I get to be that far myself :) I was very amused by my OHs reaction to screaming women - I think he thought they were particularly bad and that il be grand when I get there....I love his optimism! :D

Thumby hopefully your consultant can give you something for some relief. Can only imagine how frustrating it is!

Yes I'm not only eating for two I'm eating for a small village- chocolate and baked goods seem to be my weakness (among the majority of other foods...)

• Advertisement

Delighted to hear you're home tigerton. If it makes ya feels any better i ate a trifle for four for breakfst lol.
    Just keep taking it easy and spend as much time veggin out as possible. You'd be surprised how much daytime tv can grow on you when you've enough channels.

Choccies and pastries are my weakness too ladies, i have a danish out in the press to have with a cup of tea later and i can hear it talking to me, im not even hungry - i had veg soup and a wrap for my lunch about 2 hours ago...

Glad ye are both ok ladies. Take it easy now that you are home tigerton. Thumby i bet you cant wait for your scan and to find out the sex.

Mmmm pastries. Ooo me thinks i might make apple tart today :-D
    @princessa nope can't wait, next friday can't come quick enough. Although himself doesn't want to know, *damn spoilsport*

Are you still going to find out and just not say anything or are you not going to find out now so you dont let it slip? :D

P.S Apple pie warmed up with custard. OOOOOooooh Yum!!

• Advertisement

Oh i'm finding out and knows i am! I just won't be telling him. I'll have to make him promise not to ask me what it is though cause i can't lie for feck lol especially to him. He doesn't want to know but will try to get it out of me just to prove he can.

Ps too it'll be homemade apple pie so i'll be stuffing my face with it about 5 mins after it comes out of the oven :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

All this talk of food is making me hungry!

Glad ya home tigerton, now get them feet up and rest!

So we have just brought our pram- mamas and papas sola! We decided on it long ago and just collected it as euro baby have 10% sale off!!

Then we ended up buying moinitor, changing mat, teddy and towels, o and mosses basket sheets!!! But sure at least it crosses a few more things off the list i guess!!

Yum yum yum THUMBY. Did you make it in the end?

Nicky987, i am so jelous, i want to go buy things and tick them off my list now. :D

How is everybody feeling? Any plans for the weekend?

Yup and most of its gone now already. I'm putting it down to stress eating seeing as my eldest disappeared for 2 hours after school today!
    I haven't bought a tap yet either. I keep putting it off.

How be you this evening?

Thumby wrote: »
    How be you this evening?

He disapperared? Did you kick his bottom? Im dreading that stage, i will be psycho mom i tell you.

I am good this evening i must say, i went for lunch with my nursing friends and then went for coffee with one of my oldest friends as nanny had the little one for a few hours so it was great to get out of the house. Little one is in bed now so i am just going to relax for the night.

Hows the itch?

id say u wer gald to get out Princessa.. its not easy when you have a little one at home... my little one started walking :) such an exciting time.. hope everyone is feeling well x

• Registered Users Posts: 37 plahc

Hey everyone it has been a while but life has taken over. The weeks are flying past (q case of speaking too soon). Feeling ok to be honest except for heartburn and lack of sleep at night (note the time). My DS birthday party at the weekend, his first big one, he is 4 - so stressing about that. Also have my little 4 month old niece staying over on Sat night, so will be a good taste of things to come.

**** JANUARY 2013 LIST *****

Princessa EDD 01/01/2013 Waterford

Tigerton EDD 02/01/2013

Plahc EDD 05/01/2013 CUMH

Missie aggie EDD 06/01/2013 homebirth

Petalgumdrops EDD 12/01/2013 Holles street

Nicky987 EDD 27/01/2013 Rotunda

Thumby EDD Induction January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

**** JANUARY 2013 LIST *****

Missie aggie 06/01/2013 homebirth

Plahc 05/01/2013 CUMH

I'm due 02/01/2013 in Rotunda.

Can't believe how fast time Is flying in now!

id say u wer gald to get out Princessa.. its not easy when you have a little one at home... my little one started walking :) such an exciting time.. hope everyone is feeling well x
    plahc wrote: »
    Feeling ok to be honest except for heartburn and lack of sleep at night (note the time)

Yeah it was great to get into town PETALGUMDROPS, i didnt have to be constantly dragging her along or saying "Hold my hand, hold Mammys hand" 50,000 times ha ha. Ah congrats on the little one walking, such an exciting time. It only seems like yesterday when my little one started walking across the living room like she looked like she was wearing flippers :D.

Oh the restlessness is killing me PLAHC. I have been awake since 4.10 and i only got to sleep after midnight and at that i was twisting and turning like a mad yoke. Going to get the OH to pick me up some sort of support pillow or something. See will it help. I think its our bodies preparing for all the sleepless nights ahead. Wean out all those lovely nights of 7 or 8 hours sleep :D

Got a letter in the post today and i am back to physio next week. Thought i was finished it but no! A new physio therapist is taking over my case so i am back out. Bit of a bummer but sure what can you do. Have my next hospital apt in 10 days i will be 29 weeks and im going to ask about being induced at 37 weeks. Ha might aswell put it out there early! What ye think or should i wait till the 34 week apt to say it? Should i say it to my GP too to maybe send out a little letter as she sees me more often and knows how the SPD is affecting me? The physio said i can start intensive physio once baby is out to get my mobility back.

@princessa oh he got read the riot act to the nth degree. He is currently under house arrest except for tonight when he and his little brother are with their dad. All i can say is thank god it friday, my night off(well for the most part) lol. My oh has something planned but i don't know what. i wouldn't worry to much about having to go to the physio next week. Like you said it's a new one so they probably just want to review your case. I'd def get your gp to give you a letter re early inducement one one from your physio as well. It can't hurt. Even if they don't agree right now the letters will be on file and you can follow up letters at 34/35 weeks. @plahc welcome back missus :-) sounds like you'll have your hands full saturday. But don't worry about saturday night you'll be grand. I had my mates 6 week old overnight 4 weeks before i had my now 2.5 year old. It was a breeze so you'll fly it with a 4yr old lol.

Thats a good idea Thumby, i will def get a letter wrote and it will be in my chart so that its there in black and white incase they decide not to write it down when i bring it up.

Ladies i have a heel sticking out of my belly every now and then... ooooh its so strange, its def a little heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

I'm due the 28th January in Limerick ;)

I'll swap ya a heel for an ass lol. Just back from a gorgeous dinner and babs has decided to embed said behind in my stomach.
    How is everyones evening?

I'll swap ya a heel for an ass lol. Just back from a gorgeous dinner :-) and babs has decided to embed said behind in my stomach.

JANUARY 2013 LIST *****

Tigerton EDD 02/01/2013

Nicky30 EDD 28/01/2013 Limerick

Thumby wrote: »
    I'll swap ya a heel for an ass lol. Just back from a gorgeous dinner and babs has decided to embed said behind in my stomach.

Glad you had a nice dinner Thumby.. Evening is fine im wrecked tired so im gonna go to bed :) love getting to jump into bed and go to sleep :) I defo know what yas mean by feeling the baby.. Im suddenly so much more aware that shes there.. can feel her moving and kicking alot :) 12 weeks till xmas.. god time is gonna fly for us :O)

I wonder who will be the first of us to have our Little bundles haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

JANUARY 2013 LIST *****

Tigerton EDD 02/01/2013

Nicky30 EDD 28/01/2013 Limerick

Meshel EDD 28/01/2013 Rotunda