Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Princessa your like me I love a list!!!

As I work in a hospital as a nurse it's offered to everyone. I've never got it before but not sure if I should get it now I'm up the duff??
    Tigerton wrote: »
    Got on grand - my blood pressure was more or less normal so she said its all fine and sent me home after a few hours.
    Thumby wrote: »
    Delighted you were given the ok tigerton. I eveeeennnnntually got to pee. Bloods are still under 6 thankfully and I'M HAVING A BOY. :-D well doc was 90% certain anyway.

Nicky987: I am a student nurse, so that may explain the need for lists, i am forever writing lists on the ward to keep track of ALL the things i have to do. Think it has crossed over into my life too. Or maybe personalities like us are just drawn to the ursing career route :D. I have never got the vaccine either and to be honest, i wont be getting it this year either! Its just a personal choice. Heard about the whooping cough vaccine for the UK. Havent heard it crossing the water yet. Id be a bit weary to be honest getting it if it does cross over. I hate when these vaccines are produced very quickly to deal with an outbreak. Anyways its a very personal choice whether you want to get the flu vaccine or just leave it off.

Tigerton: Delighted to hear that the BP is behaving itself. How are you feeling yourself? Hopefully now it will stay low to normal ish for you for the rest of the pregnancy.

Thumby: Double fantastic news that your levels are remaining normal and on the little man! You sure the OH wont take a peak on here and see that he is having another little son. Ah its great news. Im sure you can get it reconfirmed at the next scan. 90% sure that it was a little willy is pretty high though. Thrilled for you :D.

Had a right ole cry for myself this morning. The little madam was being really naughty and it was only 10am (I had a really tough day with her the day before yesterday - full of temper tantrums). I didnt get much sleep either last night as everytime i roll i wake up as the pelvis is really sore the last few days. Think i was a bit exhausted and the thoughts of her being bold for the day again just sent the tears rolling. Poor OH. Im afraid he thinks im a bit of a nutter, ha men just dont understand the whole hormone thing i think. Im good now, she was grand for me today. I just find it crazy the things that set me off. No wonder why the OH dont want to have another baby after this little bundle.

Day 200 - 80 official days to go. Either way in 94 days i will hopefully be a mummy of two!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 plahc

Hey ladies. Delighted you are having a boy thumby!!
    Girls on the list front?? Im also a list freak. Have my labour bag completed since yesterday, need to grt 5 more items for hosp bag and also have got a massive start on my xmas list since last week.
    To be honest its more to keep me busy and make sure the time goes faster rather than being psycho. Im becoming obsessed with keeping the house in order also.
    Well I bought a gym ball yestrday in argos to use as a birthing ball as im finding it v difficult to sit comfy on a chair atm.
    Think that is all the news.

plahc wrote: »
    Hey ladies. Delighted you are having a boy thumby!!
    Girls on the list front?? Im also a list freak. Have my labour bag completed since yesterday, need to grt 5 more items for hosp bag and also have got a massive start on my xmas list since last week.
    To be honest its more to keep me busy and make sure the time goes faster rather than being psycho. Im becoming obsessed with keeping the house in order also.
    Well I bought a gym ball yestrday in argos to use as a birthing ball as im finding it v difficult to sit comfy on a chair atm.
    Think that is all the news.

I am going shopping with my Mum when she is home at the end of the month for the hospital bag stuff so that will be checked off the list. Im obsessed with keeping the house organised too, the wardrobes are already organised into secttions dresses, skirts, jeans, pants, short t-shirts, long t-shirts etc etc. I was actually considering colour co ordinating the sections but i opted to organise the food press in the kitchen instead. I think the OH is secretely delighted that i am not allowed back to work till after my pregnacy. Everything in the house is super organised. Think its a mixture of keeping me busy and also being a little bit crazy.

I have my ball a little while now plahc, needed to get it for the pelvis. Im going to make it my buisness to try do at least 30-40mins a day on it. Its great for bring baby right down in the pelvis in the right position. :D

Beautiful day out there today ladies, but absolutely freezing. My princess has the snuffles so we are wrapped up inside. We might get the hats and gloves etc on later and try get a little fresh air.

Had a really self conscious day yesterday. A girl i work with came up to me in town (She hadnt seen me in two weeks) and said to me "Oh my god, what have you eaten in the last two weeks your belly is massive now". Another girl i know came up and rubbed my belly and told me "Oh i think whatever you are cooking in there is nearly done. Im 29 weeks on Tuesday, on my second baby im bloody entitled to have a big bump its not like i have too much control over it. Anyways mini rant over. Take the good with the bad, others come up and tell me i look great, glowing, all those wonderful things so focus on the positive. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

How's everyone keeping ladies?

On the hospital bag front - iv nothing bough or organized. Have a pair of navy pjs and some breast pads but that's it!

I'm wrecked the past few days. I could happily have gotten into bed at 7.30 this evening!

• Advertisement

Tigerton. I am also blind from tiredness but i have act bn gettin into bed around 8 so i can try and recover but then could wake anywhere from 2 am - Is there anything I can take to help with sleep does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gravid

Tigerton and Plahc, I am also really tired the last few days. Sleeping ok, not great but not that bad either... This tiredness is getting me down a bit, maybe it's the last few days' awful weather too. Looking out the window now and the sky is bright blue so should get dressed and head out. (Im working from home and my husband is unemployed so might drag him with me too).

I haven't got a thing for the hospital bags either... Its a bit confusing to be honest but will get my head around whats what soon I hope.

Hope ye're all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Tigrrton - i was in boots on fri and just picked up them minature toilerties. Thats all i have for hospital bag!

The last couple of weeks i was extremley tired i even did go to bed early a couple of them nights! I find two long days at work are tiring!

Hows everyone???

Gravid - Someone sent me a hospital bag & labour bag list, Ive been following it and has helped me to stay focused on what I need to get. I'll pm it to you when Im at my computer later. It might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

plahc wrote: »
    Gravid - Someone sent me a hospital bag & labour bag list, Ive been following it and has helped me to stay focused on what I need to get. I'll pm it to you when Im at my computer later. It might help you.

Plahc - could you post it here or PM me a copy too?

• Advertisement

Hey ladies, i have my 29 week hospital apt yesterday. Everything is looking good. Blood pressure is great, urine is clear. Doc did a mini scan too and baby is head down and happy out. Consultant was on holidays so i didnt get a chance to speak to him about a birthing plan but i got to speak to the midwife and his reg and they said that the consultant is very understanding and they couldnt see why he would let me go passed 39 weeks with the SPD and my mobility being reduced. They put it in my chart that i am to speak to him at my next apt (34weeks). As long as the babys weight remains good then it shouldnt be a prob so i am a bit happier. Just have to ring today to check my iron levels.

Hows everybody keeping? Bar the tiredness. I am wrecked. All i want is for the OH to offer me a lie in. Feel exhausted - say its cause i have a bit of a scratchy throat just feeling a bit blllachhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AineK77

Hi everyone - have started my buggy/pram research and finding it all a bit mad and overwhelming - am hoping to be out walking loads so have been recommended the Quinny buzz, the Out&about and the Joolz - first time mother so this is all a bit challenging and to be honest it's hard to know what suits you best until you try it out - was in Bellababy and they were totally recommending the Joolz, of course they were it's €1200 oh but the tyres are the same rubber as they use on airplanes seriously like?? I want to walk fast but I don't think I will be taking off - anyway I don't necessarily agree that the more you pay the better it is it more down to what suits your own needs but I find I am sceptical if the systems are too cheap - HELP - what are your findings? Is the bugaboo all it's cracked up to be although neither of the two places I have been in to have recommended that if I am going to be walking a lot.......

We got the maxi cosi mura and it has nice big wheels that from what we have read are great for lots of walking. My OH sister has the out and about and she loves it, she had loads of problems with her silvercorss so the woman in the shop gave her a refund and she got that and she loves it. It is a sturdy thing i must agree. I think €1200 is absolutely crazy for a pram, i dont agree that the cheaper ones arent as good. The baby elegance travel system is quite cheap and its very popular...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AineK77

Thanks Princessa going to head to mothercare afterwork and will have a look at the maxi cosi good to hear of other options other than quinny or bugaboo!!!!!!! Have the brochure for the baby elegance too, am only starting to get stuck into the research now so want to keep my options open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gravid

plahc! That would be great, thanks a mill!

AineK77, we got the "baby elegance ego" which is not the latest model so was discounted to €300 for the whole travel system incl car seat. Have put it all together and am happy with it so far (granted, haven't gone for walks with it yet as that would be a bit weird ;-). Reasonably big wheels and very lightweight and can be folded small (handy when boot of car isnt big). We will prob buy an isofix base for the car too which i think is another €130.
    And today I bought the Ergobaby carrier with insert for newborns. My sister has one and she has used it from birth and still using it as much, nearly 2 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Princessa wrote: »
    Hey ladies, i have my 29 week hospital apt yesterday. Everything is looking good. Blood pressure is great, urine is clear. Doc did a mini scan too and baby is head down and happy out. Consultant was on holidays so i didnt get a chance to speak to him about a birthing plan but i got to speak to the midwife and his reg and they said that the consultant is very understanding and they couldnt see why he would let me go passed 39 weeks with the SPD and my mobility being reduced. They put it in my chart that i am to speak to him at my next apt (34weeks). As long as the babys weight remains good then it shouldnt be a prob so i am a bit happier. Just have to ring today to check my iron levels.

Hows everybody keeping? Bar the tiredness. I am wrecked. All i want is for the OH to offer me a lie in. Feel exhausted - say its cause i have a bit of a scratchy throat just feeling a bit blllachhh.

That's great news Princessa. Delighted that you probably won't have to go the full 40 weeks. Hopefully that'll give you a bit of relief.

Had my 29 week check up today and my blood pressure is still normal!!! I'm so relieved its behaving itself. Baby's head is down and the doc said baba weighs roughly 3lbs already -anyone know if that's a normal size or if I'm on course to have a giant beast baby? :D

AineK77 wrote: »
    Thanks Princessa going to head to mothercare afterwork and will have a look at the maxi cosi good to hear of other options other than quinny or bugaboo!!!!!!! Have the brochure for the baby elegance too, am only starting to get stuck into the research now so want to keep my options open :)
    Tigerton wrote: »
    That's great news Princessa. Delighted that you probably won't have to go the full 40 weeks. Hopefully that'll give you a bit of relief.

Had my 29 week check up today and my blood pressure is still normal!!! I'm so relieved its behaving itself. Baby's head is down and the doc said baba weighs roughly 3lbs already -anyone know if that's a normal size or if I'm on course to have a giant beast baby? :D

AineK77: no problem, if you google it, it will bring up some pics of it online. Reviews will come up too, and one of the mammys on here used it for her two kiddies and said it was great. Not too expensive either.

Tigerton: Thats great about your bp. 3lbs is normal. My pregnancy app said anywhere from over 2.5-3lbs is expected at this stage (around 29weeks). Im delighted that my babs head is down too. It was lovely getting the mini scan. Looking forward to the bigger scan at 34 weeks already ha ha. why oh why do i wish it away? Thanks tigerton, im thrilled. Hes apparently very understading the consultant im under, baby is the first priority of course so his reg said if weight is good and kidneys are looking good then he couldnt see why he wouldnt bring me in.

My mum still wants me to go for a section as she went off googling pubic symphysis dehiscence (she saw it on one of my Doc letters) and is all freaked out. I cant even imagine what google brought back. Im so against a section, she wants to come to the next apt with me for the scan and to see the consultant. I hope she sits there quietly.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Princess's- ya mum is prob worrying. Like you say google is very dangerous with the info it brings up.

Phlac if you can put that list up on here that would be a great help.

We decided on the mamas and papas sola pram in the end, lightweight and fouls of to use pretty much.

We're going to head up north at the weekend have a mooch about. Still undecided on a cot bed. Once I have that sorted we will be flying!!! I like to be organised you see!! Even thought im only 26 weeks on Sunday!!!

We had a painter around tonight. I'm looking to get our wardrobes painted white in the baby's room. There brown at the moment but don't seem to much anything, darker than pine, lighter than walnut. His gonna drop of some quotes on Friday so looking forward to finding them out. Have asked for quotes to do bedroom and wardrobe then another one to include the small en suite. I'm. It too sure what the going price is for decorators but will see what he comes back with. We were gonna paint the room ourselves but think the wardrobes are a bit too complicated. Will see what he comes back with.

So I didn't sleep very well last night and shattered already now. Working the next couple of long days so hopefully will sleep better tonight.

OH has been away since mon, have kind missed him so looking forward to seeing him tomo night although later after work its straight home shower and bed.

How's everyone getting on???

People starting to buy a few things???

Thats it exactly Nicky987 she is a big worry wart. Im a worrier too but shes a million times worse and god only knows what she could come out with to the consultant.

Ooooh i cant wait till the Oh starts to sort out the babys room, it will feel like such a huge relief, that and to get the carrycot for the buggy and put it all together to make sure its ok. Be like a weight off my shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Morning ladies.
    Delighted everyone is doing great. There's a thread up on hospital/labour/baby bags already. I've posted the lists the coombe gave me on it if that's any help.
    Sorry ladies but it's now rant time! The itching has settled down thank feck aside from sudden "i want to bang my head off a wall" episodes about twice a week. But i had a bleed sunday night doc in emergency dept of coombe has now diagnosed a low lying placenta. He couldn't tell if it was covering the opening to my cervix or not though. My anomly scan tomorrow will tell though. I swear to christ if it's not one thing with this damn pregnancy it's another. I just can't wait for it to be over now ! I'm just at my wits end right now and the pressure is really getting to both of us right now. Arrrggghhh!
    Rant over sorry girls just needed to vent. I can't wait to see/hold my little man, it's just everything else is wearing me down beyond belief.

• Advertisement

Thumby wrote: »
    i had a bleed sunday night doc in emergency dept of coombe has now diagnosed a low lying placenta. He couldn't tell if it was covering the opening to my cervix or not though. My anomly scan tomorrow will tell though.

I was diagnosed with a low lying placenta at my 21 week scan, it was right under the baby, think it was using it as a little pillow or something ;)
    Anyways i was suppose to be rescanned at 34 weeks to check the location but Doc did a little mini scan on Tuesday at 29weeks and the placenta is already moving higher. Part of it is on top and part of it baby is still on (its to the side), he said he has no fear that it will be in the right place by my bigger 34 week scan in 5 weeks time. Ive read up about it and its actually very common and apparently only 5% of placenta's stay low. So fingers crossed for you that its the same.
    Look the worst outcome is if it doesnt move and you have to be sectioned. Tell the Doc while he is in there to clip up your tubes too, job done in one. Little man in your hands and clips applied so you wont have to leave the kiddies to go back in for the TL.
    Hope this helps. I was a bit ticked off when the midwifer said it to me too, but after reading a bit about it, i said worrying isnt going to change anything. If it moves - great. If it doesnt well it doesnt.

Whens your scan? Does the OH still not know the sex?

Thanks princessa.
    I'm trying not to worry but it hasn't moved in 10 weeks. My gp was able to tell where it was then because of the change in sound with the doppler back then, although she did say she had expected it to move but it hasn't so i'm a lil bit worried but my anomly scan is tomorrow so i'm trying not to panic until i know more.
    I ended up telling himself friday night because i unintentionally ended up giving him the impression it's a girl and he was thrilled and i felt so guilty then. He's grand about the babs being a boy but the realisation of him never having a little girl has hit him a bit too.

Ah maybe you didnt mean to give that impression, maybe it was just wishful thinking on his part. That can happen when you have a little preference. My sisters husband was convinced that they were having a boy as they had one girl already. He was shocked when girl number 2 came out 8 weeks ago. He wouldnt change her for all the boys in China now. Its just the initial "Oh right its a boy id say". I wont even make a joke about trying again after this little man ha ha. ;)

Are you totally opposed to a section? As baby gets bigger you never know it might pull upwards as your womb gets stretched...

He figured it was a boy all along but i did inadvertently give him a reason to think it was a girl. He is happy we're having a boy, he even picked out his name friday night and he's thrilled with it. I guess it was just that initial burst of hope i gave him. I'm not totally against a section as they can do my TL at the same time, which is dead handy but i just prefer to labour and birth myself if that makes sense.
    Ah sure don't mind me, i'm just a bit down in the dumps over everything atm i'll be grand soon enough i'm sure. Just finding everything a bit much atm. The joys of it all i suppose. Lol

Oh i bumped the hospital bag thread for those of you ladies asking about what goes into them. Hope it helps.

Hi girls the reason I made such a long list this time was because the last time I literally googled online hospital bags etc, but honestly didnt have half they stuff I needed. Had everything for the baby but not half enough stuff for myself - eg: Senokot to aid with first stool. Dark/Disposable underwear, dark towels - didnt have any of this stuff prepared the last time.

@plach the first (and so far only) things i bought for my actual hospital bag were the disposable paper panties and giant green maternity pads lol

I never thought of Senokot to aid with the first one after birth....

and

I only have a box of breast pads that were given to me by my sister. Ha ha. I will get cracking on it at the end of the month and it will be done and packed by the second week of Nov!!! Watch this space...

Well babs is grand, weighing in at about 1lb. Sonographer was lovely went through everything with us detail by detail. We got some brilliant pix including a full on face view :-D
    Unfortunately i def have a low lying placenta. It's not covering the cervix but is only 8mm away (2cm is "safe" zone apparently) but she's hoping it moves the rest of the way by my next scan at 34 weeks.
    How's everyone else today? All good i hope. :-)

• Advertisement

Glad to hear that your baby is weighing in at a lovely weight and he is happy and healthy. Sorry about the low lying placenta but fingers crossed that it will move higher for you. I know its hard but try not to worry about it till your 34 week scan.

I remember when they said that to me, we will rescan you at 34 weeks. Thats like 4 weeks from Tuesday. Aaahhh how scary is that. Time is flying. I hope my little baby dont grow up as fast as this pregnancy.

Advertisement