Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Petalgumdrops glad your getting on well and sometimes it's good to be kept busy!!

I'm 31 weeks today... Plan to finish up at 38 weeks so on 13 jan... Can't come around soon enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Hi ladies. Glad you're well. I'm 35w on Wednesday. Maternity leave should start on 19th dec. can't wait!!

Started packing my hospital bag this morning (it was just a big pile of stuff). I'm gona need a huge suitcase for all the stuff - stuff like towels and maternity bags take up so much room!

Finally got around to doing a wash of the baby clothes today!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

Had my final scan today at 31 weeks. Baby girl is going well, in the head down position and weighing 3lbs 13. The midwife predicts she will be a small baby ;)

Next hospital appointment is December 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭petalgumdrops

Nicky30 : I only got one big scan at 22-224 weeks but id love to know what my little one is weighing now. Im 34 weeks pregnant on Thursday and I literally have a non existant bump. Today in work someone i see v little of was telling me about a project they had for me in January and I had to explain id be on maternity leave. He literally couldnt believe I was due so close haha... So id say ill be having a small baby too..

My next hospital appointment is the 10th of December - cannot believe how quick the time has gone. We are all in the home straight now :)

Im going out this weekend to get the rest of my stuff for my hospital bag and get it packed. Also must start my xmas shopping! im so last minute:)

Really cant wait now for the next couple of weeks to go by. :)

Im 34 weeks pregnant on Thursday and I literally have a non existant bump.

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and I'm enormous. My OH has nicknamed the baby Gigantor! I feel as big as a house. Things are getting a lot more difficult to do. Dropped my wallet in town today and had to get on all fours to pick it up - I couldn't bend! Would love if my bump was a bit smaller some days!

One of my cats has become a bit obsessed with me - she wont leave me alone and sits on me for hours at a time. I must be exuding something that smells comforting to her!

• Advertisement

I'm the same with my bump, people are only starting to notice now :eek:

I have noticed my male cat wants to sit on my lap too, don't know is it the cold weather or some sort of scent we're giving off :D

Nicky30 wrote: »
    I'm the same with my bump, people are only starting to notice now :eek:

I have noticed my male cat wants to sit on my lap too, don't know is it the cold weather or some sort of scent we're giving off :D

Hehe it must be! It's very comforting having her on my lap the whole time! She often sleeps at my feet too...until I turn one too many times to get comfy and end up booting her off!

Is everyone sleeping on their left side? I find it hard to stay on my side and often wake up on my back again.

Our dogs been the same with me lately!

How's everyone doing?? I'm 32 weeks now... 8 weeks left and 6 more at work!!! Starting to struggle at work now... Very tired even after a day!!

Had my gp check up today - all ok which is good and heard her little heartbeat again so happy days :-))

Started making list today for labour bag and hospital stay bag.

Was thinking I still need to get a mattress for our cot bed which should be delivered next week. So many choices and a big range in prices. What did everyone else decide to go for??

Have a nice weekend, I'm working all weekend sadly

We went to Ante natal classes today. It was good to be informed on different things such as breastfeeding and attachment, c section vs normal birth etc

The advantage of doing the classes private is, it's one full day vs two hours per week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sleeping Beauty

Hi, sorry I disappeared totally, was having a laptop detox as was overdoing with it at work lately. How's everything doing? Picking prams? Buying lovely things? Packing hospital bags? Fighting insomnia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Hey sleeping,
    You're not the only one who's done a disappearing act lately. I done the same. Lol. Was just too exhausted and in pain to even bother logging onto anything at all. 28 weeks yesterday, and we're all still expecting babs to arrive in 8 weeks. He bloody well better cause if i develop one more complication i'm kill someone. I was diagnosed with spd on thursday.
    On the plus side we have finally settled on a name that just feels right to both myself and my x. :-D
    Is anyone else getting sick of the randomers just assuming they can't touch the bump? I nearly slapped someone for doing it otherday. The fact that she said ah only another fews days and it'll be all over might have had something to do with it too. I'm looking at this auld one thinking i've another 3 months now get your damn creepy touchy feely hands away from me! (i was havin a bad day) lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Hi all, seems a lot of us have been away for a bit lately. I will be 32 weeks tomorrow and can't wait :-) I have pram sorted just to collect it in early jan so at least that's one big thing fully sorted. We had already decided on the bugaboo camelon but changed our mind on the colours so had to go and change that. Also they are now doing the bugaboo bags again so have decided to get that one, the main reason being they amount of space in it. Collected new mattress the other day so over the next week or so hope to get it put up so its all ready to go.
    Have been buying few bits and pieces of clothing over the last while but really need to sit down and sort out how much I have and in what sizes. Also the hospital bag still hasn't even been considered so I really need to do that ASAP.
    Was in the Disney shop on Friday and got soothers and that they were super cute. They had a few nice outfits but all the ones I liked we're only in stock for 6 months or over :-(
    Over the last few weeks I've had a couple of occasions of not being able to sleep at all, i have never had this issue and it felt like torture I just hope it stays a t bay because I would crack up, me and no sleep just wouldn't work out lol.

Ah meshal the joys of the last trimester lol. We'll all probably get more sleep (despite the night feeds) after we have the little beans. I've a few bits of clothes the ones for the hospital mainly, i'll buy more once i've xmas sorted for the others lol, buggy is picked out but we're gonna buy that in the jan sales. We've (he) bought the moses basket a few weeks ago and i have the cot from my dd so that's all the big things sorted. it's the small fiddely bits i need to make a list of and get. Think i'll just leave it till after xmas and just go out and get the lot in one day. I've due another big scan on the 9th of jan so that might be the best time to get the rest me thinks. Especially if they do decide to section me early.

Hi ladies.

Hope you're all ok, think we are all finding it a but tougher lately. :( I'm sleeping ok (but still not great). I get awful pains in my pelvis when I'm turning, and as much as I try to sleep on my left side, nine times out of ten il wake up flat on my back again.

Il be 36 weeks on Wednesday. STILL havnt packed my hospital bag. I Duno why I'm putting it off. Really should get that done in the next few days.

Have you got your Xmas shopping done? I lasted 20 mins in town yesterday before I went for coffee and then headed home. Town is disgustingly busy so I think the rest is getting done on amazon.

I know if a few more bits if baby stuff to get but I think (I hope) iv the essentials so il get get the rest in January (really I will send OH to get them).

I'm so glad we are all approaching the finish line!! As my mam says: pregnancy is at least a month too long!

@tigerton,
    I haven't even got a xmas tree yet, let alone anything else lol.
    I moved back in may and my old tree was way to big for the living room in the new house so i got rid of it. I'm getting the new one in argos next week. God alone knows how i'm going to manage putting it up though lmao.
    I won't be going near town between now and new years aside from my hospital app on the 14th. I'm lucky enough though that there's a smyths and argos in the next town over from me so if what i need isn't in either of those feck it anyway lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sleeping Beauty

That's great that everyone's picking up bits and pieces. We've just put deposit on the travel system - went for the Bugaboo Bee in the end. Hope that'll work for the little one. Does anyone know if January sales on baby stuff are any good? Is there a point waiting for them on certain things?
    Am very poorly today - down with a bad bad cold and got the whole lot - locked nose, cannot breathe, headache, sore throat - all the joys. :( Husband went to the pharmacy, but once they heard 35 weeks pregnant - all they gave him was paracetomol and Sterimar. Not helping at all!!! Hope everyone else is feeling better

Aw sleeping beauty hope you're feeling ok. I've what feels like a head cold too - 50% of the day I can't breath through my nose. I just have sterimar too - not very useful really...

Hows everyone doing?? Anothernweek down now. Hoping to get the last few bits next wrrkend so we can enjoy xmas and new year.

Need to get towel for hosp... Is it true they dont supply them??

Hows everyone??

Im finding that im notnas flexiable moving around anymore... Just seemed to of hit me out of the blue these last few days!!

Hi Nicki

Yeah I heard we need to bring towels (for rotunda anyway, it might depend on the hospital). I got red ones but I think dark ones would be good too!
    I washed mine first - for fear of having a post baby shower and ending up getting dyed red from the towels :D

I have a baby towel packed too for the little one.

Yup ya need to bring your own towels. You won't need one for babs really unless you're expecting to be in for more than 24 hours. If not just bring a face cloth to pat dry babys bottom after cleaning.
    Pennys have some lovely thick black towels bales. Not sure of the price but i'll be in there later so i'll have a nose and let ye know.

• Advertisement

Do ya think one towel is enough for labour bag and one for hospital bag or would I need more? Or just one?

You'll need two for the ward bag as well hun. Whatever size you normally use for your showers at home. If you're going to be in more than 24 hours you're better off getting someone to bring in clean towels for you when they are visiting. Oh and don't forget to pack a bag for them to bring home your washing, used towels included lol.

Thanks tigerton I'm in rotunda do. Other half went out yest and picked up ared one.... Good idea on the washing it first!!! So u reckon we need 4 bath towels in all?? Are they just trown away after each shower??

Getting very fed up now with this waiting game and I still 7 weeks to go!! Off visiting a few friends this week so that might knock me out of this slump!!

Not bath towels ya mad spoon lol. One towel(which ever is between a hand towel and a bath towel) for your labour bag the midwives will give you a clean up down below and break out the granny panties and giant st's. lol.
    After that then when you're having your first proper shower (pure heaven btw) you'll need a wash cloth, a large/bath towel and whatever size towel you would normally use for your hair, as they don't recommend you bring in a hair dryer.

Oh and there's no need to throw them away either, just stick them on a sixty wash with a strong detergent once you're home. It's just like showering with a period, just alot heavier than normal. (sorry if that's tmi).

Thanks Thumby that's good to know. I have 2 bath towels so il pack a hair towel too. My hair is really long - I hate blow drying it so not bothered if I can't use a hair dryer!

Getting tons of BH this morning and baby is going nuts squirming And kicking in there. I'm 37 weeks on Wednesday....due date can't come soon enough at this stage...

Woohoo tig, get bouncing on that ball and knocking back the rasberry leaf tea!

Haha thanks Thumby!! Ok so just need a hair towel now then!! Thanks for the info.

Tigerton.... Get bouncing.... Could be anyway now for you hopefully!

Must get towels myself too ;)

My next appointment at the maternity is 37 weeks, my nerves will be at me lol i could go any week from then :eek:

The Doc said that normally on your first it's 40+ before baby arrives but you never know!

• Advertisement

@nicky 30. Don't mind them. My first was 36 weeks. Lol. I'm on my way up town now so i'll check out the price of the towel bales in pennys. I found them great cause there's one of everything we need bar the bath towel in them.

Advertisement