Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Hours

Options
  • 07-05-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So i have been working for a local nightclub from 2007 until January of this year. From January 2007 - June 2011 I regularly received work for at least two nights a weekend (Usually 3). June of last year the nightclub closed down for the most part however the owner ran teenage discos once a month and I was employed for those up to january of this year.

From january of this year I have not received any hours (He was closed for the months of march and april) and he has reopened fully since last weekend with new staff however he has not told me whether i am employed by him or not.

I have been receiving my wages by cash in hand however I have also been getting JSA for the past two years at least as a part-time worker (X's and O's kind of job)

I was wondering if i had any recourse for essentially being fired without any notice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Did you declare your earnings (cash in hand) to the Social Welfare while claiming JSA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Celtic209

Yup. Even got a letter from my boss stating how much I made on average.

Advertisement