Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statements by email

Options
  • 07-05-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Does BOI have any plans to introduce e-statements or statements by email? I know that AIB and Ulster Bank already have this service and I'd much prefer it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Piggyback on this to ask if it would be possible to make statements going back a few years available online in return for customer agreeing to not getting statements delivered automatically by ordinary mail as at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi sitstill,

Thanks for getting in touch. E-statements are definitely something we are looking into. We don't have a set timeframe for the launch but they are on their way. I will post back here as soon as I have any update.

Thanks
    Pat

Hi coylemj,

We don't have the details of how older statements can be accessed once the e-statements come in. But I will pass on your feedback to the appropriate department.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

This would really be great. On another very similar note, is there any way to opt out of receiving notices of international transfers? If so, I would very much like a way of doing so

When working in France I would get a printed advisement from BoI of every single transfer, even though processing-wise intra-eurozone transactions all processed as domestic (if I'm not mistaken). As a result, I once got an advisement for a transfer of only a few cent (I was closing an account, they didn't have change that small, and the balance had to go somewhere; 14c if I'm not mistaken) and given there were no charges levied by either banks, it obviously cost BoI more to post the advisement than the transaction was even worth. And even then BoI didn't make any money on the transaction!

Just seems an even bigger waste of paper than the statements.

Hi who is this,

Thanks for your query. I've checked into it for you. Transfers coming in from any other country, regardless of whether it's a country in the eurozone, would be processed as an international transfer.

Unfortunately it isn't possible to opt out of receiving the notifications you mentioned. I will pass on your request as feedback to the relevant department.

If there's anything else I can do for you, just ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

I meant from a financial/legal perspective (not necessarily how your system reacts to it). I thought SEPA2 replaced all national systems for bank transfers last year?

The above isn't an important detail in any case, but like I said, a way to opt-out, or get the notifications some other way (preferably not such a wasteful one) would be very welcome.

Hi who is this,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I understand where you're coming from on the notification side of things.

I found out today that we are currently developing an online capability that will remove this paper requirement. Customers will then be able to receive this data online and opt out of the paper notifications. We don't have a definite timeframe for it yet.

In relation to your question, the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) initiative does cover both domestic and international euro electronic transfers across the euro area.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement