Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Fulham

Options
  • 07-05-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

We have all week to talk about so lets start! Who will play left back? Bring Bale back and play someone else left midfield or bring back King and move Kaboul across?
    A win of any description will do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i'd play 3 at the back and bring defoe in , lets get on the front foot from the first minute.

Also please harry don't play sandro and parker together , it just doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Gung Ho from the start... Few goals before half time, finish the season how we started !

P.S.... Excluding our opening fixtures with the Manchester clubs :P

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

mushykeogh wrote: »
    We have all week to talk about so lets start! Who will play left back? Bring Bale back and play someone else left midfield or bring back King and move Kaboul across?
    A win of any description will do!

I think it will be Gallas left back, if he's fit.

I'm a little worried about the Fulham game after Sunday's result. Fulham are second in the form table and won't lie down.

On the other hand, hopefully WBA will want to give Woy a decent send off against the Goons.

Brad
    Walker-Kaboul-King-Gallas
    Lennon-Modric-Parker-Bale
    VDV-Adebayor

Fulham aren't blessed with pace in attack, so the old rear guard will hopefully do us proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

gallas at left back - dear god i hope not

mickman wrote: »
    gallas at left back - dear god i hope not

He's done a decent job there for us in the past. Anyway, with Walker getting forward on the right and Gallas naturally tucking in - it'd be more like a back three.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't see Arsenal giving us another opportunity like they did last week. We just better not mess up again, and at least hold on to 4th.

Then it's in Chelsea's hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I can't remember a more exciting final day as a Spurs fan. We could come 3rd or 6th (depending on the result tonight). I think Arsenal will find it difficult against WBA as they'll want to send Roy off on a high, but it won't be easy for us either as Martin will have them well fired up. All we can do is win the match and see what happens, but there's a lot of pressure on all teams and anything could happen. It's going to be some 2 hours on Sunday though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Dempsey out for Fulham, that is a big plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Dempsey out for Fulham, that is a big plus.

That sure is good news. Anything that gives us a better chance of winning will get a big thumbs up from all Spurs fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I'm thinking positive

3-1 win for us and the scum to draw 1-1

• Advertisement

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    I'm thinking positive

3-1 win for us and the scum to draw 1-1

+1 :D

I'm actually kind of optimistic that Arsenal will mess up. My hopes will probably be shattered on Sunday, but for now i'm in a glass half full kind of mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Fulham have had a good season, they might want to build on the result at Anfield and take another scalp to finish with pride. The Jol factor will also be at play I'm sure.

Still I think we'll take them with some to spare. The key is that Arsenal don't win at WBA on Hodgson's send-off. The Gunners' form isn't great right now, and the news that Pat Rice is finishing up at season's end might hopefully affect their form.

In fairness though, if we don't make third and Chelski win the CL, we don't have to look too far to see who to blame. I like Harry, he's done wonders for us and talk of Moyes/Martinez/Rodgers/O'Neill is premature, but he can't deny his head was turned by the speculation, and it affected us. We collapsed.

If we actually did have to hire a replacement, I'd plump for Moyes first, O'Neill second. None of this creaming the continent for the next hot property or appointing on a good first season out of the Championship - get someone in who's tried and trusted. And not Alan Pardew.

All to play for! Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree,

I think we'll win this handy because the pressure is essentially off us. Had we been favorites I would have been very worried.

3 or 4 goals we'll score I think.

West Brom will win 2-1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Was at the 'lasagnagate' fiasco of 2006, hated West Ham since, real kick in the teeth. Hopefully their won't be a repeat of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Clint Dempsey out injured for the game Sunday,'every little helps'

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

tippspur wrote: »
    Dempsey being outinjured is more than a "little" - he is a class forward. i wouldn't complain if we were being linked with him........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

WHL wrote: »
    tippspur wrote: »
    Dempsey being outinjured is more than a "little" - he is a class forward. i wouldn't complain if we were being linked with him........
    At 30 I'd complain short sighted and would cost a lot.

Does anyone know are sky doing that thing that if your watching the city match they will update and show the goals from the other games?

I think they did it last year for the relegation battle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

ziedth wrote: »
    Does anyone know are sky doing that thing that if your watching the city match they will update and show the goals from the other games?

I think they did it last year for the relegation battle

I'd imagine they probably will mate, it normally makes for good tv if there is something at stake.

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they probably will mate, it normally makes for good tv if there is something at stake.

That's what I was thinking.

Between race for 3rd,4the,relegation,title and who will finish infront of the mersyside clubs it should be a brilliant final day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Dempsey Being out is massive for is. He has been excellent this season and has scored 23 goals!

ziedth wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking.

Between race for 3rd,4the,relegation,title and who will finish infront of the mersyside clubs it should be a brilliant final day.

Let's hope it's brilliant for us and we finish 3rd, instead of our faith dragging on to next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

2-1 spurs with a late VDV winner and arsenal to draw 1-1....

That's what I'll be dreaming of tonight anyway!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'll be in an irish bar here in alcudia (majorca) getting drunk to celebrate 3rd or drown my sorrows if we finish 5th.

Btw, did i mention it was 30 degrees y'day. Hows the weather back home?

Of to the pool now for a couple of hours in the sun.

I'll be in an irish bar here in alcudia (majorca) getting drunk to celebrate 3rd or drown my sorrows if we finish 5th.

Btw, did i mention it was 30 degrees y'day. Hows the weather back home?

Of to the pool now for a couple of hours in the sun.

Heatwave in Dublin mate, hottest day in 47 years apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Judgement day today. Lets hope we can do it and that the lads didnt have any lasagne last night.

COYS!!!

I had a dream last night that Arsenal won 3-0 and Spurs drew, but dreams can often be reverse so it's ok :P

Spurs to win and Arsenal to draw.

Really would love some magic to happen today. I have a feeling about QPR and west brom both winning 1-0.

914/1................ I'm having €5 on it

• Advertisement

I have a feeling both ourselves and the goons will win and we will have to wait another week.

Advertisement