Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wexford Recession

• 07-05-2012 6:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16

Hello Everone
    I Travelled To Wexford Recently & Was Sad to see how the town had gotten so run down, The Buildings & Closed down shops are very deperessing.
    Would love to hear your opinions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Tis terrible, Joe. Terrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Irish Photos

some of the photos ive taken are so bad

Pics or GTFO

Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

never been. and probably wont either

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

worse than Waterford?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Wexford was always like that even before the recession. I don't know what's wrong with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Hello Everone
    I Travelled To Wexford Recently & Was Sad to see how the town had gotten so run down, The Buildings & Closed down shops are very deperessing.
    Would love to hear your opinions

I travelled through it last year and thought it was very run down compared to when I stayed there in 2005. I remember staying at the nice "Quality Hotel" on the edge of town which had since been renamed a "Maldron Hotel" and it looked brutal on the outside when I passed by it last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

wexford is a grand town, its better than arklow anyway. in fact, chernobyl is better than arklow. i cant wait to move back home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Wexford town is a lovely town. Sad to hear its suffering but there isn't a town in Ireland not going through a similar time.

wexford is a grand town, its better than arklow anyway. in fact, chernobyl is better than arklow. i cant wait to move back home

It's not that bad. Some good pubs and restaurants and the cinema is great. :D

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    It's not that bad. Some good pubs and restaurants and the cinema is great. :D

the only good pub is the dirty dog, christys is good for food and yeah the cinema is the onlu redeeming feature. but thats on ferrybank. the main street is shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Didn't realise you were from Chernobyl, best of luck with the move. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

would probably do better posting here OP

Didn't realise you were from Chernobyl, best of luck with the move. :pac:

im going to gallop back on my 4 legs

Thanks

the only good pub is the dirty dog, christys is good for food and yeah the cinema is the onlu redeeming feature. but thats on ferrybank. the main street is shocking

Landlords looking for too much money. It's the story of all towns in this country.

Thanks only new here

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Where's the dirty dog? been a while since i was in Arklow. The Gin Mill & Sally's weren't too bad

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Landlords looking for too much money. It's the story of all towns in this country.

upward only rent is the number one reason why towns are on their knees
    Where's the dirty dog? been a while since i was in Arklow. The Gin Mill & Sally's weren't too bad

the corner house on the coolgreaney road/wexford road. at the roundabout. its so quiet that sallys are doing a €2 promo for all drinks some say this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement