Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough idea of cost per light?

Options
  • 07-05-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

I already have an electrician in mind but before I go getting a quote I just want to get a rough idea of how much they charge these days in general.

How much on average to get an outdoor light replaced (nothing wrong with the wiring just old lights).

How much on average is it to get a standard outdoor light installed where there's no previous light?

I know people are going to say depends on the amount of work needs doing, just go get a quote etc. but I just want a rough idea how much to expect per light for now to see if we can afford to get all the works done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

Usually charge 20 an hour thats a nixer not a company so 30 an hour plus material if company

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kieran24883

25 quid an hour ex vat

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

How much on average is it to get a standard outdoor light installed where there's no previous light?

Not being smart or anything, but that is a bit like asking what a car would cost on average.

You may be able to get it installed for €20 or it may cost over €200. The price will depend on many factors.

Advertisement