Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outfit for Christening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

That dress looks very risqué for a Christening :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lia_lia wrote: »
    That dress looks very risqué for a Christening :eek:
    It's not too risqué in reality though, there's no boobage on show either and it's not too short (comes to 1" above my knee).

I also showed it to my cousin (it's her daughters Christening) and she said it is fine to wear, and she would tell me if it wasn't appropriate.

The model in that pic is wearing heels and is probably quite tall, even without heels, I'm 5'5, so the dress isn't that short on me.

Can anyone help/offer suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I think the blazer idea is good, especially if it's white with the bag you have.

I personally think pumps would take from the look (really dress it down I mean), and I don't think gold strappy sandals would be nice either...

How about something like these:

046028702_a_product359.jpg&width=290&height=290

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

Or even just a plain pair of black court shoes. I definitely think more shoe than sandal though.

Thanks so much.

I have a pair of shoes similar to these, but in black.

http://www.asos.com/Miss-KG/Miss-KG-Dahlia-Platform-Strap-Suede-Court-Shoes/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1420306

image1xl.jpg

I also have these ones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KG-Kurt-Geiger-Womens-Decorative/dp/B0042VJ1X0

The thing is, if I wear heels, the dress will be too short on me, so I need to wear flats. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I wouldn't wear that to a christening personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I wouldn't wear that to a christening personally.

She is looking for advice on what to wear with the dress...not if you would wear it.

If you want to go with pumps, then maybe a nice cream pair and a cream fitted blazer with it, to brighten it up a bit?

silly wrote: »
    She is looking for advice on what to wear with the dress...not if you would wear it.

If you want to go with pumps, then maybe a nice cream pair and a cream fitted blazer with it, to brighten it up a bit?
    I thought of cream pumps alright, and thought with a cram blazer and cream bag, it'd be nice with the navy dress and as you say, brighten it up.

I also thought of red pumps, but I'm not sure about them to be honest, they might 'stand out' a bit if they are only red item I'd be wearing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Please stay on the topic at hand: something to match the dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I wouldn't wear pumps with a dress like that at all, but I understand that if you wear heels you might not feel comfortable so if you so decide to stick to pumps then keep them as plain as possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement