Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtech CS350 - Output Zones

Options
  • 07-05-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All

Just a quick basic question.

On my Airtech I not the following

The PA Buttons (Not sure if these are really any use these days?) are wired to Zone 5
    The alarm bell to the alarm bell
    The Strobe on the alarm bell to the internal bell (makes sense so strobe doesnt switch off after 20 mins)
    The internal bell to the internal bell jacks

The keypads to output zones

I was wondering what the other Output Zones are for - I see that when going through the menu there are lots of options like PA and Fire etc.

Are these available - Could I rewire the PA from zone five to say zone 1 and thus have free zone for a new Pir Circuit ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A zone is an input not an output.
    You can move a PA to zone 1 & reprogramme that zone as PA ,providing that zone is not already in use (Zone 1 would typically be the front door)
    Outputs are for a dialler or other external device which you can get the alarm to trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 markireland

KoolKid wrote: »
    A zone is an input not an output.
    You can move a PA to zone 1 & reprogramme that zone as PA ,providing that zone is not already in use (Zone 1 would typically be the front door)
    Outputs are for a dialler or other external device which you can get the alarm to trigger.

Thanks koolkid

Sorry my confusing post. I was seeing could I change the pa from zone 5 (input) to an output zone. I was just asking this as under output types on the control board is PA as one type on the options.

So is there a list of outputs that are supported anywhere ? Any brill gadgets etc ? A wifi enabled txt messager would be brilliant rather than a gsm as house has wifi.

Just a thought.

KoolKid u are a legend for answering people's queries etc such a guru.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Basically the out puts switch between 12+ & - depending on how they are programmed.
    For example if output 1 is programmed as PA -(negative) that output will normally be + & switch to - when a Panic Alarm activates.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 markireland

So what is usually connected to the OutPut Zone is the Auto Dialer. Are there any relatively cheap AutoDialers around that would work with the Airtech CS350.

I wish I had consulted this forum before I bought a PIR only to realise it is a 6 wire one. Darn :((

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

So what is usually connected to the OutPut Zone is the Auto Dialer. Are there any relatively cheap AutoDialers around that would work with the Airtech CS350.

I wish I had consulted this forum before I bought a PIR only to realise it is a 6 wire one. Darn :((

An output from the control panel to the dialer to trigger in the event of an alarm activation. If you dont have engineer access then it can be triggered off the external bell output.

If you are using the phone line then this dialer will work with the 350.

Re the PIR: 2 for the 12v, 2 for alarm and 2 for tamper. If the zone is set up for dual end of line then you only need 4 cores, 2 for the 12v and 2 for alarm tamper through 2 4K7 resistors. If the zone is set up for single end of line then you still need the 4 cores, 2 for the 12v and 2 for the alarm using just one 4K7 resistor. The PIR you got will work perfect.

• Advertisement

If your wiring duel EOL this will help.
    204914.jpg

Advertisement