Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 5.1.1 is out!

• 07-05-2012 7:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Following changes:
    This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
    - Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
    - Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
    - Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
    - Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Following changes:
    This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
    - Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
    - Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
    - Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
    - Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed after successful purchase

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

As per usual Jailbreakers stay away you have being warned!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,489 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Installed over the air no prob on my iTouch G4.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

good stuff, downloading right now :). Hopefully it will fix the wifi issues on my 3GS i got when updating to 5.1 :eek:

Following changes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just updated. Meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I updated my iPad 3 iPhone 4 and 4S last night. This morning all of them where at the same battery percentage that they were last night before bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Updated mine and had at least 20% more attention from hawt girls. A decent update, then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

daelight wrote: »
    Updated mine and had at least 20% more attention from hawt girls. A decent update, then.

If you can call giving your wrist a workout a hawt girl...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭peking97

I've already updated my iPhone but now iTunes wants me to download again for the iPad....surely that can't be right? Or are there two different versions one for iphone and another for iPad?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, two different versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

So does 5.1.1 actually fix battery issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

barryd09 wrote: »
    So does 5.1.1 actually fix battery issues?

What battery issues are you on about ? iphone, ipad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Well... this update made my 3GS even slower.... it's getting unbearable now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Sarn

I only updated to 5.1 yesterday, must have just missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've noticed since i've updated that anytime I connect my iPad 3 to my Macbook Pro via the Dock connector cable it says 'charging xx%'. Beforehand it would just keep showing 'unable to charge' even though it was charging the iPad. Handy been able to see what percentage it's charged now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

yer man! wrote: »
    Well... this update made my 3GS even slower.... it's getting unbearable now...
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is on purpose (or just a side-effect of taking advantage of 4S capabilities) so you'll be first in line to upgrade to the iPhone 5 when it comes out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

My iphone 4 is jailbroken, but to be honest, I couldnt be arsed with it. Can I just update it and go back to jailed or will something bad happen - like bricking it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

My iphone 4 is jailbroken, but to be honest, I couldnt be arsed with it. Can I just update it and go back to jailed or will something bad happen - like bricking it?
    I don't think you can do OTA updates if the phone is jb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

mad muffin wrote: »
    I updated my iPad 3 iPhone 4 and 4S last night. This morning all of them where at the same battery percentage that they were last night before bed.

Yep, noticing that myself, battery - especially standby life - on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 seems much improved since updating yesterday. Phone lost 2% overnight and iPad lost 1%, normally about 8%-10% and 4% respectively.

Usage seems not to drain the battery so much either.

I just did a few weeks ago after spending almost a year jailbroken. You need to do a full restore in iTunes. I lost nothing after the restore but be careful anyway.

I did an OTA update to 5.1.1 today, you wouldn't notice the difference really, just a bug fix release.

Advertisement